Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arod opts out!

Re: Arod opts out!

Andrew is correct, although the Orioles might like to think of themselves as players in the ARod sweepstakes, there is a better chance of me starting at Short or 3rd in Baltimore next year than ARod becoming an Oriole. Although I would love to see it, there is no way he is going to the Orioles.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Unbelieveable! I defended arod in the past, but this is totally ridiculous.

- Arod and Boras announce this before the WS is over. No class!
    - Never gave the Yankees a chance (had every intentions of leaving)
    - Lied about wanting to be, and retire as a Yankee.
    - Text message vice face-to-face (weak)

Greed! Greed! Dumbest move ever!

Yes, I'm pissed!

Goodbye And Good Ridence! Go And Curse Another Team You Greedy @$%@#&! Now The Yankees Can Put That Money Into Pitching And Maybe Win Again!

Angry Re: Arod opts out!

Honestly, I don't even give Arod another thought. I live in the land of the Cubbies, and have been blessed (or cursed - depending on your point of view) to be a lifelong fan. Personally, I truly hope they do not sign him. We don't need another star that gets homers when our team already has the lead. I want some everyday players that want to play as a team, and have a desire to win. Players that care about the fans. I want pitchers that don't break down in the first week of preseason. I want management that actually appears to know what they are doing. That is what will get us to the promised land.

I don't believe in the Curse of the Billy Goat. Nor, do I go around blaming Bartman. The photos say it all - he wasn't the only one reaching for the ball!!!! Nor were his hands that far over the wall - though it is hard to see by any camera angle. (I've been to tons of MLB games, and never once had a ball even in the same section as me. I don't know if I or anyone I know would have restrained from a similar incident.) Perhaps, if Alou wasn't 110 years old when we finally got him, he might have still had hops to get the ball. Why don't we just realize that the Cubs (players and management) do not care enough to field the best team they can. I still don't know how they got the ARam deal (25 years old and about to enter his prime)? Someone that knew what they were doing must have gotten that one to slip through the cracks. I'm use to seeing Maddux (at 26 or 27 years old) leave because they won't give him the 5 or 7 mil a year that he is looking for. Then watch him go on to appear in 6 All-Star games, win multiple Cy Young awards and become a post season regular. The Cubs in turn give Sammy Sosa the kind of money that Maddux wanted just 3 or 4 years later, and make him the leader of the team. That did good for us!?!? Then we bring Mad Dog back when he turns 38 years old. Nice

ARod is currently 32 years old. A time when most players are nearing the end of their prime. Do we really need another one?
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Unless I've completely mis-read her, Miss Pay-Rod is NOT going to Boston.
    After all, what's the point of leaving Hiroshima to move to Nagasaki? She doesn't have the temperament for AL East baseball, or for the NY or Boston media. If I was betting on a landing spot, I'd pick Anaheim or Chicago.

Here's a guy who is talented (less the post season), already makes big $$$, has a bad reputation with many fans, yet adds gasoline to the fire.

What is arod thinking? Is he for real?

I thought for sure, not only based on what Arod said, that he would return as a Yankee. Especially considering he failed in the post season and I felt he would want to come back and change that.

Arod is one odd individual. Sorry, but as you can see by everyone's reaction, this doesn't make sense.

He will only be hated that much more and everyone will always remember him as a greedy "it's all about me player."

I'm still shocked over this decision!

"Yet, he opts out of his contract. Is it really important for him to win a World Series? He doesn't show that to me."

Tony

The Yankees haven't won the WS since 2000. The Y2K curse lives on! He is better off leaving the Yankees and get away from the curse.

Anyway, I hope the Giants get Arod. What better public relations ploy can there be then to sign the next home run king to break Barriod's tarnished asterick laden home run record.

David

I would have done the same thing he did. Why would you stay in NY when no matter what you do you will never be good enough? He could have hit .800 in the playoffs and led his team to a championship and Jeter would have got the credit. I'm sure Arod cares about getting a ring and that probably played into why he left the Yankees. He watched the same World Series as the rest of us and it looks like Boston will be the team to beat for a few more years with all the young talent they have. The Yankess will be struggling to make the post season for the next year or two.

He's not overrated and he's not overpaid. He gets paid exactly what his market value is. I'm a Cubs fan and I would love for him to be playing SS there next year. He may not be "Captain Clutch" all the time, but he's the best player in baseball and that can't really be denied.

Everyone cries about greed and how he's selfish, but if anyone of us here got a job offer that paid us 30% more and offered the benefit of being just as good as your job now, but more relaxed... we would all jump on it. Why should he be different? Because he makes millions? Because the fans want him to stay? Because New York has always been so good to him? He should get everything he can right now while he can still get it. Call him a bastard all you want, but we would all do the same.

At last, a post that makes sense!

The real greedy bastard...

Wanna talk about a real greedy bastard?

How about someone who would tear down Yankee Stadium--and steal a park from the residents of the poorest Congressional district in the country while doing it--just so he can have some more luxury boxes.