Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Cliff Hagan jersey

i just sent him an email with the auction link

after i sent him the email, i did think there is a possibilty I guess AMI contacted him and he is the consignor of the jersey?

I guess that could have happen

I will put his response if he even responds.

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    Well, Dave, you must have a ton of free time to call AMI every time you read something here you don't agree with that pertains to them. 53 years of life experience suggests to me there's more to the story than you describe. Not to mention I get the impression you back their plays religiously here in spite of the fact they've been documented how frequently here selling horribly obvious items as game used? Not that this sets them greatly apart from 90% of their competitors these days.
    Mvandor,

Roger Gibson know who I am through AMI. He also receives much of the material that you have complimented him on from them. Ask him if there is anything more to me than a consignor and friend since you seem to value his opinion. I guess your 53 years haven't served your gut instinct very well. I don't back their plays, I try and keep perception from becoming reality unfairly. When they f8ck up, they deserve to get slack just as much as any auction house.

Dave...

In the past you have posted that your consignment juice to AMI is the same as everyone else, which if I believe memory serves me correctly, is somewhere around 17.5%...I think you went as far as to even post a copy of a statement

how does YOUR gut feel to know that your "friends" have on instances charged other people only 10%?

Being such a loyal "friend" to them may not be such a good thing if you are indeed being charged a maximum rate

Pete,

Thank you for jumping into this thread and breaking rule #7. You post clearly is looking to agitate. Also, I am not concerned about other consignment rates, as it's none of my business.

Regards,
    Dave

Back to the jersey

I emailed the ebay seller, I guess he got really screwed. Someone got this for nothing

Here is his responce, and the email I sent

Bill,
    The jersey is gone. I admit I made a terriible error in judgement.
    However It's not a concern of mine anymore. Please no more emails on
    this subject, Thank You!

> I had emailed you about the Hagan jersey. You told me
    > you would not end it early...you did.
    >
    > Well guess what, the guy you sold it to put it in a
    > major auction house
    >
    > http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=39282
    >
    > I would have given you more, and I can promise you did
    > not get enough for it.
    >

The seller would have received market value if he had let the auction run. Might not have had a huge overpayment on it but he would have been satisfied, wouldn't have had to pay consignment fees, and the jersey would have gone to a serious collector. I think it's in the best interest of all serious collectors for items like this to stay on ebay rather than go to AMI or elsewhere.

I still think the posting on this forum alerted the buyer to the jersey's presence!

jersey went for $9077 without any auction fees.

john

I bet the eBay seller sold it for $1,000. Just a guess, don't know for sure. I offered $500 to end early and the seller said he didn't end auctions early. What were other offers from forum members? (Please don't start a ethical question about ending auctions early...there are other threads on this topic that can be re-freshed.) I am still curious as to how this auction ended early, then was photographed, then appeared on AMI's website in 5 days. I will accept the FedEx theory.

I think there's still room to make money on this one, if the buyer takes it to Grey Flannel's next HOF auction. Could go for $15K or more.

I never made a formal offer, just tried to see what he wanted.....it pisses me off still, bc he was so set on letting it ride through...then all of the sudden it ended

I would have gone well over $1,000...and I agree, if this jersey was in the HOF auction on GFC it goes for over that.

I would almost bet you we see this jersey again.

Oh I would love to know the details....someone on this board is rolling around laughing when they read these posts....whoever got it, good job!

I do wonder if AM actually bought it directly off ebay??? maybe???