Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Do you prefer Natural Ability (Own) or Enhanced Ability (Steroids)?

My OPINION:

Plastic surgery was revolutionary and controversial at one point too. What if steroids one day are discovered to prolong human life for 20 years or more? What if those who do not take steroids are someday the minority?

I just think that there is a chance that the future will be kinder to these athletes. If they did not care about their careers, they never would have taken them in the first place. In order to maximize the effects of steroids, you have to work, to conditiion yourself.

MAYBE in 30 years, this era will be looked back upon my the medical profession and laughed at. The millionaires who can afford these treatments might just be ahead of the game, and were brave enough to be the first to test them out - like a clinical trial.

I will be watching the post-career health of these individuals. So far, Canseco looks like a 25 year old and aside from some probable 'nad shrinkage...hedoesn't seem to have the ill-effects often described.

Again, these are all "maybes" and I do not condone steroid use, as it is illegal and banned my most sporting organizations. I am just being a devil's advocate...it is a very interesting subject.

Dave

The question is at what point do you no longer give the Gold Medal to the athlete but the doctor? They give the Nobel Prize for Medicine to the scientist not the patient.

since i was a fan of Big Mac since 1987 , i prefer chemically enhanced.

Game Model A's Bat on Top
    Game USED A's Bat On Bottom

previous post was
    00' Signed Gamer
    98 Unsigned Gamer

I must admit I agree...

I was at almost every home game in the summer of '98. Busch Stadium was NEVER that electric. McGwire had everyone in STL interested in the American Pastime. People who HATED baseball were on the bandwagon.
    I saw McGwire hit at least 30 homers that summer...many to places that had never been hit before (Upper facade in center, UD in left center).
    From the day we got Mac in a Cards uniform, myself and the ballplayers I knew had suspicions of steroid use with him. WE DID NOT CARE. He was a freak, so what? He was hitting balls like that as a rookie...I never thought steroids made Mac a better hitter...they shortened his career if anything.

Dave