Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Grey Flannel - Bob Boone jersey

i meant from 1982 and on, the angels have worn names on the backs of their shirts.

rudy.

Banned

Rudy-

The item description has not been changed, and I have searched for several days, trying to locate a player with the name BOONE who played for the Angels in 1976. As of today, I find no evidence that a BOONE or BOB BOONE played for them in 1976.

Any idea who Bob Boone is that played for the Angels in 1976? If you locate any info. please forward to me at my email address below.

Thanks.
    Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

Not that it makes much of a difference but just educating to the name mentioned earlier in this post.

Andy Etchebarren - was a solid catcher for the Orioles for many years in the 60's and 2 time all star.
    I had the pleasure of meeting him many times, for the past 3 years he was the Manager for the Aberdeen Ironbirds - Minor League Affiliate of the Orioles.
    Also his claim to fame - he was the last batter against Sandy Koufax

Banned

Per the Grey Flannel web site, this item remained "live" throughout the auction duration and closed at $150.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

To register or bid, call (631) 288-7800
    Bidding has been closed for this lot.
    Lot # 137 - 1976 Bob Boone California Angels Game-Used Road Jersey

Across the front of the jersey is the team name "ANGELS." The player number "8" appears both on the front and back. All lettering and numbering is done in red on navy blue tackle twill. The State of California logo patch is embroidered on the left sleeve. The jersey shows game-use and appears to have no alterations of any kind.

Reserve Price: $150

Current Bid: $150
    __________________________________________________ _____

The description also remained unchanged, and listed as a 1976 Bob Boone game worn jersey.

Emails with my concerns were sent to Grey Flannel, however, were not answered. Likewise, no information was ever posted on this site or sent to my personal email indicating that catcher Bob Boone or any player named Bob Boone played for the Angels in 1976, or could have possibly worn this with the Angels in 1976.

Should anyone have any information that may support the description, and listing, I'd appreciate knowing as I have several customers seeking Bob Boone (who played for the Angels and Phillies) jerseys, and I suspect this may resurface at a later date in the hobby.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net