Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Excessive shipping charges?

http://cgi.ebay.com/GAME-USED-JOHN-K...em110146465376, I thought he was shipping the bat, not Kruk himself.

Re: Excessive shipping charges?

And then he tries to add insurance (optional) . When you ship something UPS , the first $100 is automatically covered . So more padding for the seller.....
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Had to search for this thread, rather than bring up a new one.
    Kind of upset today. Not only is it freezing and POURING outside today in STL, I just got a shipment of 2 great bats that I have been wanting for some time.

The seller (eBay) charged $15 per bat shipping in seperate auctions. I went ahead and paid $30 as I got a good deal on the bats, and I figured - I didn't feel at the time that it was worth crying about.

HOWEVER, when the bats got here (in the same box) crammed in with a lone piece of paper towel for protection I kinda flipped...the shipping cost was $6.95 plus box, I guess. He is only about 40 miles away. I figured that for $30, I would at LEAST get seperate boxes since one bat is black and the other is blonde. Both have sigs on them too.

Maybe I shouldn't be ticked off - but dang, this dude just made more than $20 in shipping charges. Both bats together were less than $50 (2x25)

Don't gouge on shipping. It is not good for business.

Dave

For $30, I would have driven the 40 miles to deliver the bats myself...........

Jim

One of my biggest "peeves"...You buy a nice SIGNED Bat & they ship it with NO CONCERN for the auto...Amazing how often I see this...I`m waiting for 5 Bats as I type, 4 of them are signed. We`ll see...The guys I`ve bought from on here have been good about packaging. I thought Ebay was "cracking down" on unreasonable SHIPPING CHARGES???
    Sean

I just got the Mabry from that seller as well Dave. Hopefully it will arrive in one piece!

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    Had to search for this thread, rather than bring up a new one.
    Kind of upset today. Not only is it freezing and POURING outside today in STL, I just got a shipment of 2 great bats that I have been wanting for some time.

The seller (eBay) charged $15 per bat shipping in seperate auctions. I went ahead and paid $30 as I got a good deal on the bats, and I figured - I didn't feel at the time that it was worth crying about.

HOWEVER, when the bats got here (in the same box) crammed in with a lone piece of paper towel for protection I kinda flipped...the shipping cost was $6.95 plus box, I guess. He is only about 40 miles away. I figured that for $30, I would at LEAST get seperate boxes since one bat is black and the other is blonde. Both have sigs on them too.

Maybe I shouldn't be ticked off - but dang, this dude just made more than $20 in shipping charges. Both bats together were less than $50 (2x25)

Don't gouge on shipping. It is not good for business.

Dave
    Truck,

Your telling me! I had to drive all the way back from CHI to STL in this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarman44 View Post
    I just got the Mabry from that seller as well Dave. Hopefully it will arrive in one piece!
    Hey Joe -

Just talked to the seller. He understood where I was coming from and told me he failed to let common sense prevail. He did offer to refund me $15 - but I let him know that excessive shipping does not get return business from me. Since he is selling Cardinal bats - there are a few of us who know about it.

Since I paid the $30, I told him to keep it as a gift and to have a nice holiday. I don't hold grudges...he apologized and offered a refund. Good enough for me...and man, these are some nice bats!

Dave

Dave, I also won two bats (black and natural, both signed) from this seller and had the same thing happen to me... except I wrote him after the auction and asked if he could combine shipping. Here's what he wrote back:

That puts shipping around $22. If you prefer to have me ship them separately then I would need to charge the $30. IF shipping ends up well under the $22 I will refund a portion of it. I am unfamiliar with shipping bats, but want to be fair.

The actual cost of shipping was $6.95 for the two bats (and the paper towel ).

I've met this seller before and he's a nice guy. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he acknowledged being unfamiliar with shipping bats and offered a refund if the actual shipping cost was "well under the $22." Now that the difference is known to be $14.05, I'm hoping he'll keep his word without me asking for anything.

Interesting thread. My opinion and take it for what it is, an opinion, is that Ebay gouges too much money out of us. So, if a seller advertises a high shipping charge and a low oepning bid, when I am figuring how much it will cost me, I am figuring in the shipping. By doing it that way, I pay less for the actual item and Ebay doesn't take as much money from the seller. They way I see it is the little man wins and big business doesn't. So, I have NO PROBLEM with sellers asking a lot of shipping as long as it is fully disclosed when the auction is opened. If it doesn't say "will combine shipping" then don't assume they will and your right don't allow them to combine the items shipped either like this guy did but collected seperate shipping charges. Anyway, you got a steal because everyone say how much shipping was as well and calculated that into their maximum bid.
    Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes: