Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Polamalu Jersey - Is it the same one???

One other point about this, is that refunding me the money would only cost them $420 or so. It is the consignor that would really be losing out as he should, unless it is GFC that bought the jersey and doctored it themselves, which I am in no way implying.

You would just think that with only $420 on the line, their integrity, their reputation, would be at least worth that much to them.

For those reasons I am still confident that they, as a company will do the right thing, and i am optimistic that the person who sent me such an unprofessional reply was just an employee of GFC, and not the owner, Richard Russek.

Banned

I heard back from GFC and they are going to refund my money.

"We will return your money on Wed after the New Year and never let that consignor do business with us again although he might have been duped himself."

Banned

Bondsfan-
    Please contact me off line regarding this thread.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Quote Originally Posted by bondsfan View Post
    I heard back from GFC and they are going to refund my money.

"We will return your money on Wed after the New Year and never let that consignor do business with us again although he might have been duped himself."
    coveh,

hopefully you'll get your refund. let us know. apparently GFC's "all sales final. no returns. items sold 'as is'" policy isn't set in stone. it's a little odd to go from them telling you to "get lost" to issuing you a refund.

although it's of no consequence to your end of things, i am a little curious about where the refund money is coming from. if you have the jersey, then i'm assuming the consigner has their money. i'm guessing the consigner has their own "all consignments final. no refunds. items consigned 'as is'" policy. so does this mean that GFC is eating the cost?

mastro has recently begun posting which of their lots are owned by employees of the auction house. personally, i was really surprised by how many there are. you'd think it'd only be a few but there were tons of items. i'd like to see mastro also divulge which of the lots are owned AND authenticated by lampson. anyway, in the same vein, i'm curious how many lots in GFC's auctions are owned by GFC employees.

in a way, it's ironic to see scammers dumping their garbage into auction houses and collecting the profits the same way that many of these auction houses dump garbage onto collectors. 'round and 'round it goes.

rudy.

Banned

Rudy,

I haven't received the jersey from GFC yet and i don't believe the consignor has been paid yet either. I sent my payment in before the holidays and it was only recently cashed, right before christmas, so with the "obligatory" 10 days to clear, they hadn't sent my jersey.

I have faith that they will provide the refund without issue based on their last reply to me.

Happy New Year.

Coveh