Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gossage is in.

Gossage is in.

Looks like Gossage is the only one.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/hof08/...ory?id=3186626
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Re: Gossage is in.

Good for the Goose!! He was one of the original, dominant closers and his enshrinement is well deserved.

I have always hated the Red Sox, but Jim Rice should be in too. From the mid 1970s to the early/mid 1980s, you'd be hard pressed to find a better hitting outfielder. I hope he makes the cut next year.

I am a huge Dawson fan and know he is on the fence, but think the way he handled going to the Cubs and what he did his first year there is worthy of HOF mention, and if it wasn't for bad knees, I feel he would be a shoe-in. Anyway, congrats to Goose and good luck to Jim Rice for next year!

I can't believe Raines, Trammel, and Concepcion got more votes than Mattingly !

Quote Originally Posted by JETEFAN View Post
    I can't believe Raines, Trammel, and Concepcion got more votes than Mattingly !
    Don Mattingly is a #1 select in the New York Yankee Hall of Fame. He is loved by Yankee fans.

Other than that, his back ruined what could have been a Hall of Fame Career.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/m/mattido01.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
    Don Mattingly is a #1 select in the New York Yankee Hall of Fame. He is loved by Yankee fans.

Other than that, his back ruined what could have been a Hall of Fame Career.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/m/mattido01.shtml

I agree........

Quote Originally Posted by reed1216 View Post
    Good for the Goose!! He was one of the original, dominant closers and his enshrinement is well deserved.
    I'm not as big of a fan. This Cubbie fan remembers too many hanging pitches. I'm glad for him, though.
    "We need rebirth of the American tradition of leadership ... in private life as well." "'Trust me' government asks that we concentrate our hopes and dreams on one man; that we trust him to do what's best for us. My view of government places trust not in one person or one party, but in those values that transcend persons and parties. The trust is where it belongs--in the people." - Ronald Reagan"

http://www.freewebs.com/chrishwish/

Banned

Todd Stottlemyre got a vote....what a joke.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ahuff View Post
    I'm not as big of a fan. This Cubbie fan remembers too many hanging pitches. I'm glad for him, though.
    I hear that.

I really hope Andre makes it one day. Of course he was my favorite player as a kid.
    SCOTT
    scottjrepking at gmail.com

Always looking for game used bats from Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, Jody Davis, Shawon Dunston, Jerome Walton, Rick Sutcliffe, and Greg Maddux. Preferably CUBS era bats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by XPFO View Post
    Todd Stottlemyre got a vote....what a joke.

Dave
    Someone must have owed him a favor. He was a tough kid when he was on...but not worthy of a HOF vote.

Dave