Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Pics from Braves Fanfest today.....

Did anybody go to the second day at the Fanfest? What were the new sales like? The guy at the memorabilia sale told me they would put reduce the prices on everything on the second day if they all didn't sell.

I was there on day 2 as well. The reg. issue gamers were marked down to $60 but it was still for guys like Kurt Abbott, etc. They all sold out. The only "new" stuff they put out that wasn't available on Sat. were locker nameplates for $1. They had a few signed ones for $5. Far as I could tell, I was the first one that made it to the table. No stars like Chipper, AJ, etc. I picked up 11 of them: Caminiti, Joyner, Gilkey, Chuck James, a Kyle Davies rookie, a couple of Betemit rookies, Langerhans rookie, Moylan, Kelly Johnson rookie, and a Mazzone.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Quote Originally Posted by skipcareyisfat View Post
    I was there on day 2 as well. The reg. issue gamers were marked down to $60 but it was still for guys like Kurt Abbott, etc. They all sold out. The only "new" stuff they put out that wasn't available on Sat. were locker nameplates for $1. They had a few signed ones for $5. Far as I could tell, I was the first one that made it to the table. No stars like Chipper, AJ, etc. I picked up 11 of them: Caminiti, Joyner, Gilkey, Chuck James, a Kyle Davies rookie, a couple of Betemit rookies, Langerhans rookie, Moylan, Kelly Johnson rookie, and a Mazzone.
    Are the Chuck James and Kelly Johnson ones for sale?

These type of fanfests like this make me sick because at the Phillies festival the lockernameplates were lowest $25 and Jerseys are rediculas prices paying 400-900 for average players and other game used is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbrubb25 View Post
    Are the Chuck James and Kelly Johnson ones for sale?
    Sure, I'd be open to selling them. Email me an offer at jctaylor101@yahoo.com.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

I was not pleased with the fanfest either. I was able to get a couple of my game-used caps signed: Tom Glavine & Peter Moylan. The Moylan cap was one of his rookie caps and he told me it was definitely his cap from 2006 and even signed it 2006 game-used for me. Upon seeing it, his actual words were "Yea.. That's my hat!". It was actually the highlight of the weekend for me other than picking up a couple of sweet game-used Braves caps: 1972/73 Joe Hoerner & 1982 Dal Maxvill. Thanks Jason!! I stood in lines for autographs almost all day Saturday & Sunday and picked up only 15 autographs. The highlights were Chipper Jones, Tom Glavine, Tim Hudson, & Javy Lopez. My feet are still hurting.
    Always looking for Atlanta Braves Game-Used items. hiramman@bellsouth.net

Banned

Was there any Chipper Jones game used jerseys there?

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by whatupyos View Post
    Was there any Chipper Jones game used jerseys there?

Aaron

No. The most notable players' jerseys they had at the Fanfest were players like Wilson Betemit, Jorge Sosa, Horacio Ramirez, and John Rocker. The rest were smaller-name players like Dewayne Wise, Jessie Garcia, Kurt Abbott, and some coaches jerseys. Total there were about 30-40 jerseys, with only a quarter of them game used.

Does anyone know if they have any jerseys left????