Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ami Larry Wilson Jersey

I don't know about the manufacturer, but for just the 1970 season the Cardinals evidently did try black trim on the numbers. They evidently didn't like the look and went back to plain white (at least until their recent redesign).

The guy who postes by PANTONE on the Creamer logos board is in Phoenix; he is a Cardinal fanatic, and he is hooked in with all of the leagues for their official style guides including the PANTONE printing and textile colors. He is also hooked in with the Cardinals, since they are his hometown team. Here is a link to his post about the 1970 Cardinal jerseys:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=55954

Here is a jersey on a card from 1970:

This PANTONE usually is sitting on all the uniform and logo changes, and he has all the style guides for the NFL starting in the mid-80s.

Here are a couple of pictures from 1970 showing what appears to be a champion jersery.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I've almost certain I've seen footage of the Cardinals wearing this jersey, not sure where though. Looks like the Wilson in question is in the background of that jersey card photo. My question would be, if it's not a gamer, what is it? Why would Champion make a Cardinals jersey with "Wilson" screened on, unless they made authentic replicas at that time?

Nice work guys, I have never seen those.

Victors says " Lou likes it a lot". Looks like Lou knows what he is talking about here.

Roger

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jdr3 View Post
    Here are a couple of pictures from 1970 showing what appears to be a champion jersery.
    What leads you to believe this is a Champion jersey? If it is, then why is the number 8 a completely different style font than that on the jersey offerd by AMI?

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

Howard is correct...even if you look at the football card below, you will see the "8" in the background and it is nowhere close to being the same font, and this is the image where the black is outlining the number. Nothing here seems to match at all....sorry no dice!!

If it's not legit, what is it? I guess it could be:

1) a vintage authentic replica (were they even made back then?)
    2) an old red Champion jersey that someone took the time to screen #8 on with "Wilson" on the back (a homemade jersey in other words)
    3) a flat-out fake with intention to deceive
    4) a modern throwback with an old Champion tag sewn on.
    5) a coincidence, someone found an old red jersey of another team that had a #8 named Wilson.

These all seem far fetched to me. I've got no stake in this but I'm just wondering what else this is, if not a Cardinal gamer. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by XPFO View Post
    Howard is correct...even if you look at the football card below, you will see the "8" in the background and it is nowhere close to being the same font, and this is the image where the black is outlining the number. Nothing here seems to match at all....sorry no dice!!

The font on the "8" in the background of the football card seems to match the font on the sleeve of the offered jersey. The material of the jersey also looks similiar, it's a good start.....

Regards,
    Dave

Roger..

Did Victor offer any other information other than "Lou likes it?"...perhaps WHY he likes it?...or does he have pictures with a specific match?...or has he seen another players jersey from this year, from the Cards, that is a perefct style match?

The story "Lou like it a lot" is #2 in the Auction House Excuse Handbook...right behind "it comes from an impecable source"

It's all b.s.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lund6771 View Post
    Roger..

Did Victor offer any other information other than "Lou likes it?"...perhaps WHY he likes it?...or does he have pictures with a specific match?...or has he seen another players jersey from this year, from the Cards, that is a perefct style match?

The story "Lou like it a lot" is #2 in the Auction House Excuse Handbook...right behind "it comes from an impecable source"

It's all b.s.
    Lund6771:

Take a look at the other items on the following thread that Lou also must have "liked a lot", as he wrote LOA's:
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.net/vb_f...lampson+ripken

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net