Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Re: SCD's Chris Nerat chats with Lou Lampson on video

Quote Originally Posted by mvandor View Post
    From that accent I think Boston has to take responsibility for this guy. Man, with the money he's making, you'd think he could dress better.
    BTW, that Nerat guy sure travels in the higher circles of morality - LL, Coach's Corner... he must be a real beacon of truth for the hobby.

BTW, that Nerat guy sure travels in the higher circles of morality - LL, Coach's Corner... he must be a real beacon of truth for the hobby.
    From that accent I think Boston has to take responsibility for this guy. Man, with the money he's making, you'd think he could dress better.
    Honestly, if you have actual issues with someone or something in the hobby go ahead and state them. But do we really need to be catty?
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Hello Everyone,

This is the first chance I have had to read this thread and I have not yet watched the video. However, I want to remind everyone that this forum is designed to help us all educate one another and it is not intended to take things to a personal level. Specifically, here is the forum rule in that regard:

No Personal Attacks. Do not harass, belittle, threaten or “flame” another member. Do not call other members names, even in jest. You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level. This forum is intended to operate in a positive environment. Please help us achieve that goal.

This rule applies whether or not the person being referenced is a forum member or not as we clearly want to create a positive environment here for all who participate.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions thank you in advance for your compliance.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

At the risk of hijacking the thread, I thought Scott Harpt's video was fun to watch; really well done. Scott's enthusiasm and focus are what great collections are all about.

Guy

Wow, thanks Guy. I really appreciate that feedback. I have gotten some nice responses via email too. I appreciate them all.

Scott
    Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

scott - when it comes to collecting i'm pretty much one dimensional, vintage football helmets, so i automatically was drawn to the lampson video (given that he seems to be the most prolific authenticator of vintage football helmets) and neglected to even look at what you had put together. but i was glad to see that nerat quickly reminded folks to be sure to take a look at your video as well, which i then did, and he was absolutely right - your video is fantastic! great job! gotta love your simmons story as well as your passion for the hobby which, imo, we all share - it connects us all.
    robert

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Hello Everyone,

This is the first chance I have had to read this thread and I have not yet watched the video. However, I want to remind everyone that this forum is designed to help us all educate one another and it is not intended to take things to a personal level. Specifically, here is the forum rule in that regard:

No Personal Attacks. Do not harass, belittle, threaten or “flame” another member. Do not call other members names, even in jest. You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level. This forum is intended to operate in a positive environment. Please help us achieve that goal.

This rule applies whether or not the person being referenced is a forum member or not as we clearly want to create a positive environment here for all who participate.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions thank you in advance for your compliance.
    Amen to that! That's all this thread is, personal attacks and inflamatory remarks on a person who obviously has no credibility here. To the forum members who just can't let the Lampson thing go, please read Mr. Cavalier's comments, especially those in bold lettering. I agree with him 100% and comply fully with his mandate. Lastly, please read again one of my few posts:
    I'm wondering what some avid collector who stumbles upon this site for the first time will think when instead of finding useful, informative information about his passion, he finds bickering, immaturity and a serious clashing of egos. Is there a way for him to navigate around the madness and the never ending Lampson posts? Yes, we know you have no confidence in Lou lampson, let it go! Who cares what your real name is? Go back to posting useful information. There used to be real beneficial information posted here that was generated among mature, humble friends. It was a lot more fun then. Dan

I also want to add how happy I was with how Scott's memorabilia turned out, and all kidding aside, I thought Lou's interview was very entertaining.

It would be awesome to see more videos like Scott's, showing off your memorabilia, because really, this is what collecting is all about.

Thanks to those of you who saw the positive side of my video postings and held back the jabs.
    Thank you,
    Chris Nerat

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Chris,

I'd like to apologize for calling Lou Lampson an ass.

I could have come up with something much more descriptive and creative.

where is the video that scott made? i would like to see it. somebody post the link please. thanks.