Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Making money off my pictures?

David

I was contacted by a possible seller of 2000 sign MAC bat. I asked to see pitchers which they did. So I asked if they can take a pitcher of the back of the bat.In mean while I had realized that very same bat was up for auction at HA.I asked if he was the winner of the auction,He told me that he bought it from the winner. So I did do some and found the bat and yes it was the same bat.So I thought it would be a legit buy. Of course I asked how much he paid for the bat and whats the asking price? His answer was I paid 1100 for it but I would like to try and get 700 for it.... That was a red flag for me then he proceeded to send me a pitcher of a bat that had great use.But then when I look close and compared the markings it was my bat.So know I'm really ticked..... I'm not sure if this has happen to any of the members but it wasn't going to happen to me.I let this person in a kind way that I will be talking to the authorities about this and I have heard from him since.

Sorry if I got off topic but I would like to know from anyone how to put some kind of symbol or mark on your pitchers?

Carlie Medina III
    carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

I just emailed the seller and asked if this was an MLB authentic photo and autograph. I'm curious to see the response.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Wow, quick response. Here it is.

"It is an authentic photo."

Jeez.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Banned

I'm also thinking the autograph is a fake. The picture was taken this year. How does someone from Jamestown,PA obtain autographs? Especially from an American League Team

Please post the watermark info , so all of us can learn how to do it ......

For I have posted quite a few pics of my collection on here ......
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    I'm also thinking the autograph is a fake. The picture was taken this year. How does someone from Jamestown,PA obtain autographs? Especially from an American League Team
    People really piss me off. I don't understand how people can sell things they know to be stolen/fake.

So the seller responded to me saying "I bought the photos unsigned at a card show in New Jersey. I then had Zack sign a few photos"

Sometimes when I post pictures I put my name at the bottom of the picture which could be cropped out I guess. A watermark would be nice and a good idea, but that kind of ruins the photo that you guys get to see. Just too bad that someone has to ruin it for everyone. I feel somewhat violated.

And that is for sure that same photo. One thing they could possibly have done is look at the URL from this site to my flickr site and then downloaded the full image for a better print. Now I guess I have to change my flickr settings back to private.

MichaelofSF if you file a complaint with E-Bay stating that he used your photo without your permission they will pull the auction.

Quote Originally Posted by ham1963 View Post
    MichaelofSF if you file a complaint with E-Bay stating that he used your photo without your permission they will pull the auction.
    A while back somebody used a photo of mine from my website to sell a "like" item they owned on e-Bay. I contacted e-Bay to have it removed and in order to possibly do so I had to join some type of e-Bay club (for a fee if I recall correctly). I eventually was able to just convince the seller to relist not using my picture (after he dropped a few F bombs on me) but I got the impression e-Bay wasn't overly enthusiastic about helping me out. I have since made my website private, only being able to be viewed by invite. I still haven't figured out how to do the watermark thing but am still trying because I really want to be able to share my collection with others. Best of luck, I hope it works out for you.