Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Game Used Collecting - Next Generation...

Do you guys shop at the same store for your kids?
    If his is also from eBay, then yes

I bet Noah is the only 7 year old with a Lovetron stamp in his passport.

I bet Noah is the only 7 year old with a Lovetron stamp in his passport.
    Greg, that is one of the greatest lines of the year! Yes, Planet Lovetron is not a place many 7 year olds have visited!

Yep, ebay is my kids jersey retailer of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtruck260 View Post
    This is probably an accurate statement Mike.

I HOPE my kids appreciate my passion enough while I am here to cherish my stuff after I am gone. I think that educating my family is the best way to go. They might be bored to death, but it will only benefit them to understand what they may one day inherit.

My Dad collects knives, and trust me - I am no knife expert...but I know enough about Linder bone-handled knives to not be totally ripped off by a dealer.
    I always hoped my kids would take an interest in my stuff. Makes me wonder if my father is disappointed that I don't have a garage filled with Allis Chalmers tractors.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

i do not know if my daughter will ever have my passion for baseball cards and game used collecting but i will take it when i can get it. before i know it, it will be cell phones, shoes and looking at grady sizemore and brady quinn in a whole different way...god help me by the way she has more hitting power than duane kuiper already!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I figure the best way to have them be interested in the gear is to have them interested in the sport. So Alex has been playing baseball since he was 3-4 and attends many games with me each year. He is already very good at harvesting balls and autos from players. So far this year (at age 9), he got: Jeter, Okajima, Bartolo Colon, Ellsbury (his hero), Youkilis, Varitek, Pedroia, Joba, plus 3-4 others I have already forgotten. He begged Ellsbury for a bat last week during BP to a point where I thought we might be ejected...atta boy!

Here he is with Youkilis last week in Oakland...

Matt

Both of my girls could care less, but I've picked out several items that are marked for each once I'm gone. Besides collecting what we all collect, has anyone noticed their kids catching the general collecting bug. I know my grandfather collected coins & stamps with the same gusto that I show for sports items. As a kid while sorting baseball cards & collecting autographs, I heard many times from my parents and family that I got the collecting bug from him. This could be very true, I'm not sure. But I have noticed that one of my daughter, who loves to read, will want every book from certain authors. She collects them and is fanatical about making sure she gets everyone and then tells me months ahead when another one is being released. Sounds very similar to trying to complete those baseball card sets or a jersey from every team a favorite player has played for. Sometimes I think it's weird, but you ought to see their faces when I open up a package containing some old jersey or baseball cap. Weird doesn't describe their looks.
    Always looking for Atlanta Braves Game-Used items. hiramman@bellsouth.net

My son Jake at 2 years old
    Name:  jake_9_24_05a_sm.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  237.6 KB

Name:  jake_sm.JPG
Views: 311
Size:  135.7 KB

Making all my kids and wife leave Disney World to drive to Viera for Spring Training

Name:  lang_family_sm.JPG
Views: 319
Size:  114.4 KB

My oldest son handled a signing with Clinton Portis for me.

Name:  portis_sm.JPG
Views: 315
Size:  152.1 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

My son Logan is 7 and he doesnt share my enthusiasm but he does humor me by attending events. I get multiples where I can so there is one for each of us.

Pictures are him with:
    Miguel Cabrera, Dan Uggla, Dennis Rayben of the Miami Hurricanes, Miami Heat dancers, Miami Hurricane Cheerleaders, The Heisman trophy and The Miami Maniac and The Ibis.

This photo is a few months old, but here is my daughter with some bats I had just gotten. She helped me open them and thought it was pretty neat. My son was just born on 6/29, so now she's the big sister!