Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Post Best Source for Game-Used Cleasts

I love collecting game-used cleats, but I find them to be difficult to find. Where do others of you who have cleats go to collect them? Are there any preferred websites? Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Re: Best Source for Game-Used Cleasts

Here are some nice Vladimir Guerrero cleats on Ebay right now. It looks like they may go for a good price too.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Vladimir-Guerrer...QQcmdZViewItem

Quote Originally Posted by AROD313 View Post
    Here are some nice Vladimir Guerrero cleats on Ebay right now. It looks like they may go for a good price too.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Vladimir-Guerrer...QQcmdZViewItem
    Sweet. I placed a bid on them, but I don't think I'll have the funds to win the auction. Good luck.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    I love collecting game-used cleats, but I find them to be difficult to find. Where do others of you who have cleats go to collect them? Are there any preferred websites? Thanks for any help you can provide.

-Frik
    I collect cleats of the base stealers, and Shaq and MJ shoes and I am in the running for some of Tiger Woods shoes. Just got a cool Devin Hester cleat too.

Although I have only bought a few pairs of eBay, that is a good source. I just turned away Dante Halls so if you want them let me know!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I don't deal much in football stuff, but just picked up three pair of cleats if you are interested...

Drew Brees (from Saints vs. Jags game) - LOA from Brees Foundation (auto'd)
    Devin Hester (from Chicago vs. KC game) - Signed and inscribed as having been worn for TD return
    Brian Urlacher (rookie season cleats) - Signed and inscribed as game used, ROY 2000

Email me if you have interest.
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Quote Originally Posted by RobSteinmetz View Post
    I don't deal much in football stuff, but just picked up three pair of cleats if you are interested...

Drew Brees (from Saints vs. Jags game) - LOA from Brees Foundation (auto'd)
    Devin Hester (from Chicago vs. KC game) - Signed and inscribed as having been worn for TD return
    Brian Urlacher (rookie season cleats) - Signed and inscribed as game used, ROY 2000

Email me if you have interest.
    Rob - I guess you and I dealt with the same dealer. Did you get those from A.B. in Chicago?
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Question Re: Best Source for Game-Used Cleasts

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    I collect cleats of the base stealers, and Shaq and MJ shoes and I am in the running for some of Tiger Woods shoes. Just got a cool Devin Hester cleat too.

Although I have only bought a few pairs of eBay, that is a good source.
    Is there any issue with fake game-used cleats, so long as they are name/number embroidered?
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Is there any issue with fake game-used cleats, so long as they are name/number embroidered?
    If you are talking Michael Jordan's basketball shoes, YES as Nike sold size 13's and sometimes 13 1/2's so I have seen store boughts passed off as game used.

If they are name/number embroidered cleats, that is tough to fake as Fila isn't going to send you a Barry Bonds cleat with his name on it. The only issue I would have and I have seen this before----you have a name/number embroidered cleat/shoe and it doesn't show any wear so the only question is whether it is really used or game issued in my analysis.

Lastly, and as always with any item, you have to have a comfort level with the seller!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500