Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Banned

Re: Absolutely Horrible Experience With MLB.com AUCTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Why - because somebody is actually speaking up for women's rights, while the men on the board are acting with the usual silence of the privileged sex?
    You have the right speak your mind about anything you want but this is not the forum to do it.But I can relate with you about players discriminating against people of color or the way they look. I have had this happend to me many many times when a White player just tells me he wont sign for me but signs multiples for the White guys around me . I just look at it ths way he's the ignorant one not me and continue to have a good time collecting autographs.

I was in a line to see Scott Hairston, when he played for the Diamondbacks, and the 20-ish, somewhat anorexic blond girl immediately ahead of me had Hairston signing a pair of very brief, purple DBacks thong underwear, and then having (what appeared to be) her mother take a photo of her, him, and the underwear.

As they were walking away, and Hairston was still shaking his head over the whole thing, I said, "Don't worry, Scotty...I'm not gonna ask you to sign my underwear." He laughed and said, I'm glad, 'cause I'm afraid I'd have to say no."

Ya see, us middle-aged White guys know the pain of rejection, too.

I normally do not waste my time and comment on these types of threads but I do take a point in statement that you frikativ54 made "I just had that happen to me this Friday evening. And it really hurts. I watch 90% of the Astros' games, I know baseball inside-and-out, yet I have a medical condition that needs to be treated with medicine that causes obesity. I also have another medical condition, made worse by the first medicine, that causes my face to break out and me to be even heavier. Why can't a true fan like me get equal respect at ballgames, and actually walk away with a souvenir?"
    Most of the ballgames that I have been to Reds, Braves, Royals and Louisville Bats I seen players toss balls to little KIDS. I have seen games where adults have knocked kids out of the way just to get a baseball that was for that kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ham1963 View Post
    I seen players toss balls to little KIDS. I have seen games where adults have knocked kids out of the way just to get a baseball that was for that kid.
    Frik has previously stated he caught a ball that was meant for a kid and kept it.

So your positive you don't get balls or other items because of your looks and weight? You sure it isn't due to your age?

I smell a sense of entitlement with a hint of victimization.
    Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
    Frik has previously stated he caught a ball that was meant for a kid and kept it.

So your positive you don't get balls or other items because of your looks and weight? You sure it isn't due to your age?

I smell a sense of entitlement with a hint of victimization.
    Yes, I agree with you now, this thread should probably die a natural death, since we're finished talking about MLB.com Auctions. But before that, I would like to say that when I was 18, I did a lot of things that I would not do now. When I got the ball, that was back in 2003. It was probably intended for the kid in front of me, but it's not like I grabbed it out of his hands. Nonetheless, I have learned a lot since then, and I don't do anything like that now. You guys have made me realize that I was being selfish. So - I hope you know that's not a regular habit of mine.

That sucks to hear how racist some athletes still are. I thought we had gotten beyond that...
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post

That sucks to hear how racist some athletes still are. I thought we had gotten beyond that...
    Trust me worst ones are the old timers that are bench coaches now.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum1 View Post
    Trust me worst ones are the old timers that are bench coaches now.
    Wow - Do they say racial slurs, or just ignore you? I'd think that a lot of the young ones would be nicer, though. But I come from a tolerant place, so I was surprised when I met some people at my first college that had bigoted views towards blacks and Jews. I sure hope that they treat you better, as the old-timers retire.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Back to the OP about dealing with mlb.com--one person mentioned sending a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. I heartily recommend this course for your bent line-up card. I've used it to deal with several companies that sent me dysfunctional equipment or incorrect bills and then gave me the run-around. In pretty much every case, a simple complaint to the BBB website (it might take 10-15 min to fill everything out but it's worth it) got it resolved quickly and very satisfactorily. I believe that the BBB sends a letter to the company saying they've received a complaint, so it's something that gets forwarded to the people at the company who actually know what they're doing.

If nothing else, it might make it more likely that mlb.com will send lineups in better-protected coverings in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by treant985 View Post
    Back to the OP about dealing with mlb.com--one person mentioned sending a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. I heartily recommend this course for your bent line-up card. I've used it to deal with several companies that sent me dysfunctional equipment or incorrect bills and then gave me the run-around. In pretty much every case, a simple complaint to the BBB website (it might take 10-15 min to fill everything out but it's worth it) got it resolved quickly and very satisfactorily. I believe that the BBB sends a letter to the company saying they've received a complaint, so it's something that gets forwarded to the people at the company who actually know what they're doing.

If nothing else, it might make it more likely that mlb.com will send lineups in better-protected coverings in the future.
    I am going to call the Mariners back tomorrow and follow up; they told me they'd help, but then the Red Sox series came (and luckily went). If I go the BBB route, is there any obligation for me to send the lineup card back? It is in my possession, and I am keeping it. I just want MLB practices to change, regarding how they package lineup, and at least a partial refund for my damaged goods.
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Here are my thoughts on your situation for what it's worth (if anyone cares):

You got something from a game your favorite player accomplished something very special in. You should be happy and grateful you were able to get something so nice, instead of complaining about a very small issue.

You should just be lucky the lineup card survived the game and wasn't thrown away.

Come on, it's not like they tore it in half, set it on fire and sent you the ashes.

It just had some slightly bent corners that are not even noticable when framed.
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com