Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: AWA85 - Banned???

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    The reason AWA85 was banned was because he took email addresses off the GUU site and sent those members an unsolicited email. While I will not comment on the ethics of such behavior, I will tell you that, not only did we receive feedback from a number of members who did not appreciate receiving the email, such actions will not be tolerated on GUU.

Contrary to the posts on this thread which, of course, were made without an understanding of the situation, we do not ban members without just cause.

If anyone has any questions they can feel free to email me directly.
    Who would tell the moderators of such a thing? He was only trying to help people. We should Ban those who told on Him.

I dont agree with this at all, its not right and i bet alot of people argee with frikativ54 and me.

Chris or who ever runs this site. Just change the name of the site to gameusedauctions.com because thats all you guys CARE ABOUT, and the extra buck thats goes into your guys pocket.

Their called Rats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffield11 View Post
    Who would tell the moderators of such a thing? He was only trying to help people. We should Ban those who told on Him.

The reason AWA85 was banned was because he took email addresses off the GUU site and sent those members an unsolicited email. While I will not comment on the ethics of such behavior, I will tell you that, not only did we receive feedback from a number of members who did not appreciate receiving the email, such actions will not be tolerated on GUU.

Contrary to the posts on this thread which, of course, were made without an understanding of the situation, we do not ban members without just cause.

If anyone has any questions they can feel free to email me directly.
    I guess I dont understand. Someone was telling people where they can go trade and sell in FREE ENTERPRISE and you banned them.

Sounds like communism to me.

FWIW Im a member of HOFbats.com and have bought bats from Tim. Great site and great person to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarman44 View Post
    Sounds like communism to me.
    When you own a business, you sometimes have to make tough decisions and sometimes those decisions have adverse results.

Chris made a decision he says was due to breaking rules. He doesn't need a judge or jury to say he was right and maybe he will change his mind down the road or maybe he won't.

The bigger problem as I see it which I stated before are key members who aren't participating to the magnitude they were before.

Any thoughts on why that may be the case?
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    When you own a business, you sometimes have to make tough decisions and sometimes those decisions have adverse results.

Chris made a decision he says was due to breaking rules. He doesn't need a judge or jury to say he was right and maybe he will change his mind down the road or maybe he won't.

The bigger problem as I see it which I stated before are key members who aren't participating to the magnitude they were before.

Any thoughts on why that may be the case?
    Hello Andrew,

First, regarding the banning, sending unsolicited emails to members who have posted their email addresses on the site is wrong, period. I have already received comments that people are now reluctant to post their email addresses on the site because they don't want to receive emails for things they haven't requested. This is not good for the site or those who participate. If anyone does it in the future the result will be the same. In fact, I have already received an email from Adam apologizing for what he did and admitting it was wrong. I applaud him for being mature enough to admit is mistake and apologizing.

As for the posting on the site, I don't think the site as slowed down nor do the site statistics suggest anything along those lines. In fact, at the National I have had tons of people (including people who only read the forum and don't post) tell me what we are doing is the greatest thing for the hobby. In fact, someone from the FBI did introduce himself to me at the show but only to tell me that they read this forum and it has helped them understand more about the hobby. Personally, I think the efforts of those who participate here have helped take the hobby in a positive direction that will not be reversed and I respect everyone who posts here in an effort to make that happen.

Please let me know if that answers your question.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Chris - I was actually sticking up for you as you made a business decision and my comment was "adverse" pertaining to certain members that seemed to be turned off to the decision.

This site has been invaluable to so many in the hobby.

My bigger concern is the reduced role taken by many that I viewed as great assets and the list is probably larger than the 3 I named.

I posted several weeks ago "where is Rudy" and nobody responded. I think he posted recently, but Chris, aren't you concerned that we have seen a reduced role by some very knowledgeable members?
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I think that it was Mrs. Marblethorpe in the library with a letter opener.

Arrow Re: AWA85 - Banned???

In fact, I have already received an email from Adam apologizing for what he did and admitting it was wrong. I applaud him for being mature enough to admit is mistake and apologizing.
    While AWA85 was apologetic in his email to me, you are ignoring the larger issue here. For one mistake, you are banning a 23-year-old collector from this forum for life. Young collectors are the future of this hobby, and by alienating him, you are alienating me. Young people make mistakes. In my life, I have done far worse things than sending unsolicited emails. Had people reacted to me with the same draconian measures as you did to Adam, I would have grown more resentful than penitent.

I made some huge spending errors on eBay when I was 14; I got in big trouble for them. However, my parents did not take eBay away from me for life. I got it back in a year and a half, and I have not made one mistake since. Personal experiences aside, the point is that you are going to the extreme. You may be stressed from the National, but be a man and admit that you are being too harsh. All you need to do is say that you are wrong, give out a short suspension, and let's move on. For the benefit of this forum, I think you owe it to a penitent and regular participator to commute AWA85's banning for life.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Chris - I was actually sticking up for you as you made a business decision and my comment was "adverse" pertaining to certain members that seemed to be turned off to the decision.

This site has been invaluable to so many in the hobby.

My bigger concern is the reduced role taken by many that I viewed as great assets and the list is probably larger than the 3 I named.

I posted several weeks ago "where is Rudy" and nobody responded. I think he posted recently, but Chris, aren't you concerned that we have seen a reduced role by some very knowledgeable members?
    Hello Andrew,

I have noticed Rudy has posted recently and I trust that will led to useful information for members. I have also noticed others who post here that also provide a great asset to collectors. There are certainly different personalities on the site and I'm sure different reasons why some members are more active at times than others.

Overall, I think this is the greatest place for collectors to come for help in the hobby and I think those who give their time to help educate each other deserve nothing but admiration. If I tried to list the names of those here that are worthy of praise it would take quite some time. Suffice it to say, there are tons of people here that have helped make this hobby a better place for everyone and we should all be grateful for their participation. While I wish everyone would post as much as possible, I trust the overall affect is that this site continues to be a positive influence in the hobby. From what I am seeing, I believe that is the case.
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions