Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Question on new classified

Quote Originally Posted by Danny899 View Post
    Now THAT was funny! Be careful with the humor though, some of the 1000+ posters here don't take kindly to it.
    1698, but who's counting?

Sorry guys but I have an actual question for admin. No bitching, whining or joking here -

Just wondering if someone posts something that they are looking to trade are we still limited to the $500 limit? I am guessing yes, but I just want to make sure before I post.

Thanks for everything. I joined after the old for sale section was removed, but I like this. I have already sold something from it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCavalier View Post
    Hello Michael,

I think you once stated you were a lawyer. If so, would you mind answering the following two questions:

1) Do you do any 'pro bono' or free work for others (I hope you do)?
    2) Do you charge any of your clients a fee to represent them?

If you are not a lawyer, does the 'business' you referenced in your quote offer all its products or services free of charge or do you also charge a fee for what you offer? I will add a few additional thoughts but I'd like to hear your answer to these questions first.

Thank you in advance for your reply.
    No Chris, I am not a lawyer, as I indicated I've been a businessman for approximately the last 25 years, covering two different industries.

I do not begrudge you your new business effort at all, in fact your creative auction business model brings much to the table. However, these forums did not begin as part of a business before being given a home here at GUU. They began as a non-profit volunteer effort, as I was informed through several sidebars with Eric.

Up until the auction launch I (and I suspect others) simply did not view GUU as a business, but was under the misimpression it was a non-profit effort by several passionate collectors to attempt to improve the hobby (or industry, depending which side of all this you're on). With the launch of the auctions and various mod actions on the forums as of late, the true nature, goals, and makeup of GUU became more clear and they are quite different.

All of that is fine, however, it does necessarily alter the nature of the forums. How they'll be operated, modded, and on the other side viewed by others. They will not remain the same because of the business's need to protect and even promote the auction activities herein.

That's the simple reality as I see it, and IMHO the cause of most of the consternation experienced here this past week. There is some sense of loss of innocence or purity, if not objectivity, as a new agenda enters the scene.

Banned

My only question is the images.

In the past, whether I was logged in or not, I was able to view the images in all of the posts. What changed because I can only view images if I am logged in.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Jim

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Danny899 View Post
    Mr. Alpert, Thanks for showing us a way to try to avoid the endless back and forth crying and bickering. The same 2 or 3 guys fighting over and over about the same things. Some of these guys must be hooked up here 24/7. They post on nearly every topic. Perhaps a "crybaby thread" or a "Lampson thread" where they can go back and forth. They must post and then wait and wait for that indivdual to post back so they can respond again. It's amazing how sensitive some are. Anyway, Joel sorry to break the mold here and bring up a gamer item, but I still have a real nice jersey that I picked up through you a few years back. You definetely have quality pieces that display nicely. Lastly, please let me know when this forum goes back to what it"s called, "Game Used Forum"
    Danny, thanks for the post. You make many, many valid points.

By the way, I am Joel.

Mr. Alpert, my father, and I are not speaking at this point of our lives.

Banned

I would like to hear from the Administration about their enforcing their polices for the new for sale section. On August 7th, 2008 I sent a Private Message to "admin" with the first abuse of the new seller forum with a sale post from an obvious dealer and I see the post is still up on the forum four and a half days later.

Will dealers be allowed to post on this forum or is the rule just for some dealers?