Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Shea Stadium Seat Problem

My dad's a retired chemical and biological engineering professor. I'm seeing him tomorrow and will ask him about the subject of lead paint.

I talked to my dad and he prefaced by saying that he's not a lead expert and those concerned should look into it further. However, he did say that a lead chair left undisterbed in the basement may not cause any health trouble. Health problems with lead paint are usually not caused when the paint is untouched/undisterbed, but due to oral contact and when lead dust gets into the air due to the paint being sanded, chair refinished, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I talked to my dad and he prefaced by saying that he's not a lead expert and those concerned should look into it further. However, he did say that a lead chair left undisterbed in the basement may not cause any health trouble. Health problems with lead paint are usually not caused when the paint is untouched/undisterbed, but due to oral contact and when lead dust gets into the air due to the paint being sanded, chair refinished, etc.

Hey David,

Thanks for the additional info.

-David

Also, anyone who has a concern about lead can get a blood test through your family doctor that will tell you what is your lead level. It's a simple and inexpensive test that is regularly given to school kids.