Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Pics of the Pujols bat

Quote Originally Posted by PAC View Post
    LOL no it's not.

Your bat is fake. F-A-K-E fake. Stop trying to act like it's not.

Get a refund and then burn the bat. Because if you try to sell it, I guarantee you every member of this forum will be on you like flies on poop.
    Hey i'm talking about the bat I have in my possession, not comparing it to the bats on Birdbats page; the 5's on both the knob and the barrel end are the same and are not like the ones that Jeff shows as examples. I am not trying to act like anything just trying to figure out why the hell Taube(who is supposed to be one of the leading authenticators in the hobby) would write a letter on this bat; wouldn't you think he should know all this stuff about the Pujols X-bats?

And just for the record I do not plan on trying to sell this bat cause I would not in good conscience be able to do that; more than likely I will send it back to the seller because he has offered me a refund for what he paid for the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerfan65 View Post
    Hey i'm talking about the bat I have in my possession, not comparing it to the bats on Birdbats page; the 5's on both the knob and the barrel end are the same and are not like the ones that Jeff shows as examples. I am not trying to act like anything just trying to figure out why the hell Taube(who is supposed to be one of the leading authenticators in the hobby) would write a letter on this bat; wouldn't you think he should know all this stuff about the Pujols X-bats?
    I believe you. If I were in your position I'd be trying to gather as much information as I could too.

Kudos to the seller for doing the right thing and offering the refund. I think you would be wise to take him up on the offer.

If you decide to follow up with PSA, I would be curious to know why the 32 on the knob was not noted on the letter. Aside from the other points we've already covered, that would seem to be a glaring omission.

Best of luck with it and please let us know how it turns out.

I dont think the 32 is a uniform number if i remember correctly xbats would put the weight on thr bat meaning its a 32oz bat not a uni number.

Just a follow up that I sent the auction pics to Jeff Scott last night and he basically picked them apart as far as the usage characteristics; bat will be going back to the person I got it from by the end of the week. Thanks all for your opinions. John

I actually think it looks like a David Wright #5 in his handwriting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Always looking for ALEX AVILA, ALBERT PUJOLS, HOME RUN BATS, and any high end gamers from 90's-00's stars.

Tony Servitto
    My Email: servitto84@yahoo.com
    My Website: http://vitosbatsandmemorabilia.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by yankees506 View Post
    I dont think the 32 is a uniform number if i remember correctly xbats would put the weight on thr bat meaning its a 32oz bat not a uni number.
    The weight of the bat is 33.6 ounces, so that wouldn't make sense. It's weight could have changed as the wood aged but it would have gotten lighter, not heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerfan65 View Post
    Just a follow up that I sent the auction pics to Jeff Scott last night and he basically picked them apart as far as the usage characteristics; bat will be going back to the person I got it from by the end of the week. Thanks all for your opinions. John
    Good call. The guy who you're returning the bat to should ask PSA to pay for shipping the bat back to them so they can revise their letter. We can argue all day about whether PSA should have known this info, but if they say they didn't know it how can we prove otherwise?

The point is, they know it now, and have a chance to correct their mistake. If they refuse to do so, then we have a bigger problem than just a simple mistake.

Regardless of your line of work, if there was a mistake out there with your name attached to it, wouldn't you want to see it corrected? If it were me, I would be grateful for the opportunity to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by rj_lucas View Post
    The weight of the bat is 33.6 ounces, so that wouldn't make sense. It's weight could have changed as the wood aged but it would have gotten lighter, not heavier.
    I guess before you state something does not make sense just look up a comparison:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Robinson-Can...item58a5bd5ca3

same 32 on the barrel end, nobody swings a 32inch bat so it has to be the weight, not uniform number as i stated.

Taube did say the 32 would pertain to the weight of the bat, not any player number.

Can you post a pic of the PSA letter that has Taube's conclusion? I didn't see it in either thread.