Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Tucson Toros jersey

Well, its Saturday night and I still haven't seen or heard anything yet. Although I don't know how he was going to send it, I would have thought by now he would have at least sent me an email saying he sent it. I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt and I will continue waiting, (maybe he's to busy?....) we'll see. If, and when I get anything, I'll let y'all know. Man, just when I thought people would keep their word.... I may just sell this one and get one from their Team Shop......

Okay, I FINALLY got the jersey... It appears to be from 2005 when the Tucson SIDEWINDERS had Toros Night.... Has the number 40 on the front in the bottom left side and on the back. Has the MiLB logo on the back collar, and made by Rawlings. I don't know who might have worn it, he didn't know off hand, though I am curious. Looks real similar to mine. Looks like this one:

I'll post pics of it later tonight... Should I go for the trade?... Don't know for sure yet.. I probably will. Opinions? Thanks everyone!

If it has the MiLB logo on the back, it is likely from the old Toros before they folded. Moreso near the end as they have not worn the MiLB logos for many years. (Sorry, I'm not up on the team or just what year they folded).

I doubt it is a throwback from the new GBL team. Since the GBL is an independant league, they would not have the MiLB logo on their items.

As for the trade, the guy seems genuine and the trade seems fair. I don't see one jersey being worth more than the next, unless or until you figure out who wore each. The odds are the same for either one to be someone who made the bigs, so it should be a wash. The only bonus on your's is the 25th Ann. patch...but if you can get some other's from this guy and good deals in the future, it may be worth it in the long run. Good luck!

Arrow Re: Tucson Toros jersey

Hi f15,

Did you get the jersey? It is all about the Milb patch or it could of been taken off. You can look at the tags is important. If its a Goodman, Rawlings etc. Your number 1 jersey could of been a player who played only a few games. Checking my opening day roster and playoff rosters. I couldn't locate a uniform number 1. Can you send me a picture of what you got from him? Email me at Sureway321@aol.com. Thanks B.F.

Here are a few pics of what he sent me... (the jersey on the left)... He also said that he could hook me up with some present Toros items as they come available. I think that just knowing someone that could help me out in the future makes this trade worth it.... I guess I can say that I have my foot in the door now.
    Attached Images Attached Images