Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Jo Sports Co Rip???

Quote Originally Posted by jetersbatboy View Post
    Man, I wish I started reading these JO sports threaders a couple weeks ago. I don't collect football, so never paid attention to any JO threads. From my last understanding of them, they where a highly trusted company. Now I find myself bidding on a JO sports authenticated item in the latest SCP auction, that I don't feel comfortable with. I'm a big Farve fan, and wanted a ball that was used by and signed by him. So I bid on this ball http://catalog.scpauctions.com/BRETT...-LOT26845.aspx. Thinking with a picture of Favre signing and a reputable company like JO vouching for its game use, I had a winner. Now to read how JO sports forged items, I don't have a confidence in there COA. I'm not sure what to do now.
    I wouldn't be too worried about that. Players usually don't write dates on stuff unless they have helped keep track of it.

If nothing else, you have proof of Brett signing that ball that are undeniable. So I would maybe restrict my bidding to just a signed and inscribed football.

This item is alot more of a tangible look at what people tend to avoid, "use" that's going to be nearly impossible to photo match, a loose ended "practice or event" used COA.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=261348140453

Granted that jersey could be 1000% authentic but it's something myself and alot of other collectors would stay far away from.

Quote Originally Posted by jetersbatboy View Post
    Man, I wish I started reading these JO sports threaders a couple weeks ago. I don't collect football, so never paid attention to any JO threads. From my last understanding of them, they where a highly trusted company. Now I find myself bidding on a JO sports authenticated item in the latest SCP auction, that I don't feel comfortable with. I'm a big Farve fan, and wanted a ball that was used by and signed by him. So I bid on this ball http://catalog.scpauctions.com/BRETT...-LOT26845.aspx. Thinking with a picture of Favre signing and a reputable company like JO vouching for its game use, I had a winner. Now to read how JO sports forged items, I don't have a confidence in there COA. I'm not sure what to do now.
    Favre got caught forging his own items a few years back.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    Favre got caught forging his own items a few years back.
    Are you referring to the 36 1994 throwback Favre jerseys the Packers made for grey flannel back in 1998?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshal13 View Post
    Are you referring to the 36 1994 throwback Favre jerseys the Packers made for grey flannel back in 1998?
    No, that was a packers oversight
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    I can't tell if you are mad because his business was lost or because others will never trust his coa's again.
    Whichever it is I can tell you that his actions, no matter how long ago they were, are still his actions. He chose to cheat and lie. He chose his path for the love of money and it came back and bit him. He can blame nobody else but himself.
    I don't feel sorry for him at all. We all choose to be honest or not and we shouldn't cry about it, or have others cry for us, when our dishonesty catches up to us.
    I don't feel for him, I feel for his victims who spent their money based on his lies.

Wait if you think I'm the slightest mad about it, you read my post all wrong. I could care less to be honest. Every jersey I bought from JO a direct team COA was given with it. Not a Jo sports. But yeah dude I'm not mad at all lol