Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Astros FanFest

Arrow Astros FanFest

Hey Astros Fans,

I know that Astros FanFest was supposed to take place today. Tell the Portlander how it went; I wish I could have been there, but it is too far of a trip from the West Coast. Photos would be appreciated.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Banned

Re: Astros FanFest

Frik,

It was a pretty neat event! This year the team decided to hold FanFest the during the Houston exhibition game. Pretty cool because over 30 players and coaches signed autographs, including Craig Biggio. The team auctioned off the Spring Training jerseys worn during part of spring and the Friday and Saturday exhibition games. I was able to score the Pence. The best part was the jerseys were all unwashed, signed, and MLB hologramed. Pence went 1 for 3, getting his 5th HR of Spring.

A few game used 2007 TBTC jerseys were sold in the garage sale. 6 of the 7 jerseys they had were from the 9/28/2007 Biggio tribute game. The 6 jerseys went unclaimed during the random seat giveaway so were sold at the Garage Sale.

Thanks,

Chris,

As you know, I was at the fan fest but never made it to the garage sale.
    I would have loved to have one of the TBTC jersey from the 9/28 game.
    Did you purchase any of these and are you willing to sell one? Please advise. Thanks.

Jerry

Banned

Jerry,

I was not able to get one. Jerseys2003 has the Quintero #55 he got at the Garage Sale on eBay right now. It is missing the MLB Hologram though.

I checked last night and the Quintero was indeed authenticated. I get a list of all Astros MLB Authenticated items and it indeed had the holgram. It must have fallen off at some point.

The only one I have from the 9/28 game is the J. R. Towles. Sorry I don't have any others!

It was great to finally meet you. Glad you could make it down!

Thanks,

Chris,

If your ever thinking about moving that Pence in the future let me know as I would love to have it!

With the amount of jerseys for sale, I thought prices stayed a little lower than previous years. Only one jersey did not sell: 3rd base coach Ed Romero. I guess no one wanted to plunk down the $100.

I managed to get the Bourn and Geary. A friend of mine picked up the Tejada and Towles. The most expensive jersey of the day was the Ausmus which went for $800.
    Brad Ausmus is the Bossmus: www.thebossmus.com
    Tony Eusebio Game Used Collection: www.TonyEusebio.com
    Houston Astros Game Used Collection: www.AstrosGameUsed.com
    chris.josefy@gmail.com

Banned

Chris J.,

It was nice to put a face to the name! In saw the Towles and it looked pretty nice. I love those unwashed catcher's jerseys! The Pence was incredible. It still smells this morning and finally dried out yesterday. The funny thing was the Hunter cut the inner tag out. It has perfect Pence characteristics, including black residue from his bats, tape, and glove on the right shoulder.

I agree on prices! I was shocked the Ausmus went so high, but then again they were BP jerseys. The days of getting game worn Biggio, Bagwell, anc Clemens jerseys at that Auction are over!

Thanks,

eGameUsed,
    I sent you an e-mail recently regarding a question I had about possibly removing sharpie markings from a bat. Please let me know if you received it and I'd appreciate a response if you can. My e-mail is: deweystg@berkeley.edu

Thanks,
    Dewey

Banned

Dewey,

No, I don't recall seeing an e-mail from you. Please try sending again and I will be on the look-out.

Thanks,

e-mail sent. thanks!