Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Bryce Harper's 1st Home Run Ball!!!!

So Bryce should act more like a 30 year old because he's 19, has had the entire world kissing his as* since he was probably 9, been on the cover of SI at age 16... Yeah I could see how he would be a responsible acting mature kid now that he's in the big leagues at age 19. Just because the kid is a millionaire DOES NOT mean he'll grow up faster then any other kid on the planet. Kids will be kids and do stupid stuff no mater how much money they have!!
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

so your Scott Boras, The GM or the Nats, the rest of the Nats teammates or anyone else is his posse of handlers. He ends his career because of a childish temper tantrum. All those people just shrug their shoulders and say "oh well, kids will be kids" I stick to my initial statement, he is NOT like the average 19 year old and he, rightfully so, should be held to a higher standard.

Did you see his managers comments about it??? Maybe you should take a minute to watch that. But hey maybe all of his "posse" are wrong and they should contact Game Used Universe members to see what's really going on with this kid.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...62621&c_id=mlb

Ps.. calling him a "complete and total jackass" is a little different then saying he should be held to a higher standard. Don't ya think????
    5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Would love to have that bat though.

Harper just hit one out the park. Not able to see the game, did a fan get the ball or did it land in an empty space??
    -Randy
    rborrero14 at gmail.com

Landed on some grass.
    Always looking for anything John Flaherty, Drew Storen and Marcell Ozuna game used.
    jaeger_danny@yahoo.com

Watching the Game on Fox Sports Net San Diego,
    I didnt see any "Fans" attempting to retrieve the Baseball.
    On the Replay you can See what appears to be 2 Ushers/Stadium Employees standing on the Stairs just to the Left of the Grassy Area where the ball landed. I would guess that 1 of them retrieved the ball.
    Nats Park, Like many other MLB parks have certain areas that are Not Accessible to Fans, Unfortunately it appears that BH hit his HR in one of these areas!!!! Still it was GREAT to see it LIVE-He Smoked that Ball!!!!

I find this thread to be a bit ridiculous. Harper is a great player. He's probably going to be good for years, and he's always been highly touted. And the best part ... he is 19.

So because he is so good and so young, he is a jerk and an immature little demon? Ok.

I guess I've never seen Prince Fielder, Matt Holliday, Yadier Molina or any other older star bang a bat on a bench or dugout wall.

The whole Harper thing is just a situation of thousands of people watching, almost hoping and waiting, for him to mess up. Makes no sense to me.

Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

How is he a great player? He has 52 career at-bats, how is that great!

Really?!?!?! I curtain call for his first HR???? what a joke, just proves how badly the fans in Washington want SOMETHING to cheer about.