Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Seller etiquette question

I always give The First Person that emails me A Shot First in Buying The Item.

Banned

The way I do it is first one to meet my price or give me an acceptable offer gets the item. I have had people say I am interested in X item and ask for pictures. I then send them a pic and a day goes by they come back with a lowball counteroffer or they never respond at all or in some cases I have had people respond several days later. And sometimes the response after waiting a few days is thanks for the pictures but I decided to purchase something else from somewhere else instead. If while I await a response someone else comes along and wants to buy the item (I have had people respond in five minutes flat when I sent them pics asking for my Paypal email address so they can send payment immediately) I will gladly sell it to them because if I wait then the buyer may instead buy something else from somewhere else or otherwise no longer be interested in the item and then if the first guy does not buy I am stuck with the item for awhile. And alot of items especially big ticket ones are hard to move so it is not a smart idea to let buyers get away especially if you are selling the item because you need the cash for another purchase or for expenses in another part of your life like for a mortgage or tution payment. Yes in the future the first guy may not buy from you again but if you turn down the second guy he may not buy from you again either especially if he really wanted the item and it is hard to find so either way you lose a future potential buyer which is just part of the game.

If someone emails you and says I would like to see pics and says that they are interested and "will most likely buy", or "please give me a minute to look them over and get back to you" I think it is fair to give them a chance to look at pictures to see it is as described, and then respond.

However, if someone simply asks to see photos I think it is fair to sell to the person that commits to buying first. In a perfect world there would be better communication and people would respond to ur emails but we all know many do not aknowledge the photos you take time to send them.

You did nothing wrong in my opinion if you sold to a person who claimed them, if the first person to email makes it clear he will buy them if the photos look good then thats a different story I think.

I believe the first person to say I want it should get it, no matter who inquired first

Big difference between "interested" & an "Offer" Without further communication, as in "Can I have first consideration" your being Polite selling the Item, to the First Buyer.

I bought a Bat about 2 years ago from a Forum member because I simply e-mailed & said "I`ll take it, where do I send the Paypal" several guys quickly responded with "Offer sent" etc....One guy was Upset with me about it, go figure.

Sean