Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Buster Posey's first ever Post-season HR ball...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb-281665

Looks like this fan didn't know how much that ball is actually worth. But I guess he is a good "fan" for giving it back for such a wimpy trade anyways.

Your thoughts?

Re: Buster Posey's first ever Post-season HR ball...

On a similar note, who saw Josh Hamilton let his bat fly into the stands tonight in Game 5 of the World Series?

How much would you all say the Josh Hamilton bat and Posey first ever Postseason HR ball are actually worth?

just guessing..

right now posey ball worth 2 grand
    hamilton bat worth 1300

about a month before the season starts
    posey ball worth 1200
    hamilton bat worth 900
    Collecting current Brewers players and Prospects

brewergamer28@yahoo.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

My thoughts on Posey: Hold that ball. I have followed him since before he w drafted and I thought the Rays were moronic to have passed over him when they had the top pick the year he was drafted. This kid is going to be the best catcher in a long, long time. Imagine Joe Mauer if he had consistent power and that is what Buster will be. We are talking an MVP caliber player for the next 15 years. Sometimes a player just has it like Griffey Jr, Arod, Longoria, Chipper. etc. and from the start it is obvious they will be great that is what this kid is. Plus he plays on a great team in a large market so he gets plenty of nationwide exposure. Anyone who would sell the ball is foolish hold it for awhile and you have a ball worth 25k plus. He will never hit another first postseason homer and it is one of those special milestones in what will be a special career. Made even more special by the fact that they won it all the year it was hit. Has a first pstseason homer ball of a superstar ever even hit the market? If so what did it fetch?

The Hamilton bat is probably worth between a grand and 1,500 he uses alot of bats but people put a premium on everything touched in the Series even if the guy is on the losing team.

I know the kid that ended up with the bat he threw into the stands by mistake in game 2...
    Thanks,
    Bobby

lehmsbobby@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    My thoughts on Posey: Hold that ball. I have followed him since before he w drafted and I thought the Rays were moronic to have passed over him when they had the top pick the year he was drafted. This kid is going to be the best catcher in a long, long time. Imagine Joe Mauer if he had consistent power and that is what Buster will be. We are talking an MVP caliber player for the next 15 years. Sometimes a player just has it like Griffey Jr, Arod, Longoria, Chipper. etc. and from the start it is obvious they will be great that is what this kid is. Plus he plays on a great team in a large market so he gets plenty of nationwide exposure. Anyone who would sell the ball is foolish hold it for awhile and you have a ball worth 25k plus. He will never hit another first postseason homer and it is one of those special milestones in what will be a special career. Made even more special by the fact that they won it all the year it was hit. Has a first pstseason homer ball of a superstar ever even hit the market? If so what did it fetch?

The Hamilton bat is probably worth between a grand and 1,500 he uses alot of bats but people put a premium on everything touched in the Series even if the guy is on the losing team.
    Wouldn't you have difficulty selling a ball for 25k without solid provenance? The ball can't be authenticated by MLB and I have no idea what other proof you can have that it is the actual ball.

or he could end up being the next dontrelle willis, jeff francour etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post

Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fnazxc0114 View Post
    or he could end up being the next dontrelle willis, jeff francour etc.
    Stephen Strasburg?

I would have asked buster for a game used bat as well as the signed ball he recieved

Quote Originally Posted by trsent View Post
    Stephen Strasburg?
    Strasburg isn't a bust yet, got to give the guy a chance.