Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Score Board History

Hello Eric,

I wrote something in comment last night about KingJammys comment and it posted and then 10 minutes later it was gone.

So I just wanted to know what happend to it?

Are you sure it wasn't post #24 in the thread?
    If not, did you definitely post it? There's no sign of a post having been deleted.
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Banned

Hello Eric,

No it was posted right after KingJammy and i checked on it right after i posted and it was there about 10 minutes later I happend to notice the thread showing KingJammy so i thought he was responding to my post and when I looked my post was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Hello Eric,

No it was posted right after KingJammy and i checked on it right after i posted and it was there about 10 minutes later I happend to notice the thread showing KingJammy so i thought he was responding to my post and when I looked my post was gone.
    Hello Jason,

I checked with the administrators who were on the boards last night and no one seems to know about any posts being deleted. Was it posted last night? If you can send me an email directly to chris_cavalier@gameuseduniverse.com with the content of the post I will look into it further to see if I can find out anything.

Sincerely,
    Chris

Re: Score Board History/visional evidence?

Hi Guys, I think I might be able to shed some light on the BO JACKSON scoreboard jersey..I remember reading in SCD I don't know if it was Jim Yackel or someone else but they said the scoreboard's were signed with blue ink...

As to King's post regarding " the red flag with the '89 jacksons is that they have a 1989 flag tag affixed to a 1990/91 era Rawlings tag" does anyone have a picture so we can see the difference betwen the 2...

Thanks Guys!

Re: Score Board History/visional evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by BO34 View Post
    Hi Guys, I think I might be able to shed some light on the BO JACKSON scoreboard jersey..I remember reading in SCD I don't know if it was Jim Yackel or someone else but they said the scoreboard's were signed with blue ink...

As to King's post regarding " the red flag with the '89 jacksons is that they have a 1989 flag tag affixed to a 1990/91 era Rawlings tag" does anyone have a picture so we can see the difference betwen the 2...

Thanks Guys!
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...read.php?t=991

rudy.

Score Board Question

Here's a question about the Score Board retail jerseys-

Were they all autographed, or were some sold as Authentic Issued jerseys without the signature?

Thanks
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Re: Score Board Question

My understanding is that with the exception of Gregg Jefferies jerseys, they were all autographed.
    Guy

eric,

i'm assuming you're asking because of what lampson says here: http://www.historicauctions.com/file...0920/37393.pdf

lampson, as usual, is wrong. (i have no clue what he possibly means by "premium giveaways". since when were these scoreboard shirts "giveaways"?). if you care for proof, just ask dan ceniceros. here are 2 of dan's scoreboard bo jacksons and neither was autographed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8767712510

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8789595489

dan also had some that were autographed. like this one:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8760827495

in dan's own words, he "Bought 10 Of These Jersey As Team Issued Pro Models From Scoreboard".

in my own experience, i've seen scoreboard jerseys that were not signed. i noticed a scoreboard jackson at the last national, just hanging on a rack. it was not signed. the dealer wanted something like $70 for it. it was a 1989, set 2, home jersey.

while i'm sure the majority of them were signed, i have to think that several pieces of stock escaped unsigned. leftover pieces perhaps or maybe extras ordered.

it was a nice thought that lampson dreamed up to explain how that particular jackson can't be a scoreboard jersey because of the fact that it's not signed. why didn't lampson ever mention that on the dozens of other home, set 2, 1989 jacksons he's authenticated?

rudy.

as well, if, as he states on the Historic 1989 Bo Jackson, that Scoreboard jerseys were autographed, then why doesn't he mention that fact at all on the LOA for the 1990 Strawberry jersey currently on Historic, which IS autographed and is a known Scoreboard offering? It's handy to bring it up on the Jackson but not on the Strawberry?

rudy.