Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Unhappy Re: Jim Morris-the Rookie-game used uniform..

I know the guy who consigned it...he didn't want to, but finances made it necessary.

Dave Miedema

Re: Jim Morris-the Rookie-game used uniform..

Hey Greg, thanks for working with me on the price for the Morris GI jersey and GU hat. Can't wait to see them.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Banned

Yea-both are cool items. I'm trying to wheedle down my collection to just a few players and teams..I buy too much stuff..glad they're going to a good home.

Re: October pickups....

Was the Morris TBTC uniform and GU hat discussed in a thread a few months ago? I think the items were and it was determined that the jersey could not have been worn by him. I saw this item on ebay last week and it had been sold at auction a couple months ago (i cannot remember which auction house sold it). If anyone can shed some light on this jersey or dig up the old thread, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    Was the Morris TBTC uniform and GU hat discussed in a thread a few months ago? I think the items were and it was determined that the jersey could not have been worn by him. I saw this item on ebay last week and it had been sold at auction a couple months ago (i cannot remember which auction house sold it). If anyone can shed some light on this jersey or dig up the old thread, that would be great.
    The items were sold on ebay last week as game used but the new owner has listed the shirt as issued, which is correct. When it was on ebay the jersey and shirt were listed as game used. I contacted the seller and asked about this and his response was the it was worn by Morris. The list # is 170545093691. If he was sent down to the minors before the TBTC game was played then it could not be game worn.

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    The oriiginal thread is a few threads down on the first page of GU Memorabilia. It is issued, not worn. Sold originally in a Mears auction.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Got the jersey and hat today. They look awesome. I contacted Ebbetts Field Flannel this week to see what they could shed on this jersey. I sent the pictures of the jersey to be examined. EFF indicated that this was definitely their work (they did all the numbers and names also) and they did supply these jerseys to the Devil Rays for the game. Although they would not provide actual order information from the team, they did indicate that they manufacturer the jerseys to order and that the team would have ordered these early (some teams order months in advance). They had made this jersey because Morris was active at the time. Who knows, this could be the last MLB issued jersey to Morris.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Banned

Glad you got em and liked em and got more info on them. I'm guessing that is definately the last ordered jersey for Jim ever.

Banned

Also-just to set the record straight-the jersey and hat were sold exactly like the Mears coa stated. If you have a problem with their coa and work then contact them.

Actually, as soon as I won the lot, I contacted Troy with the additional information regarding Morris' status. Troy will amend the comments section to take into account the information.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net