Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: All members, listen up...(MUST read)...

I guess I don't understand why folks feel auction houses would think this is funny. Thousands of hardcore, big spending collectors read this daily. I doubt seriously any auction house wants anything to do with this type of issue. If anything concrete comes out of this the said auction house would be done. I wish we focused more on getting to the bottom of this instead of focusing on someone who made a statement and has been baited by a few folks. If in fact there is any truth to someone affiliated with an auction house showing up at a forum members house than that is where we need to start. If this was me and it had happened to me as stated in the original post and I had been taunted by forum members I would have been much less civil. If you don't believe it than work towards proving it false. I live in The Heart of the Hood South Phoenix so I think it is sad and tired to hear all the talk about chest puffing and being a "man". Clearly many forum members have never had a real confrontation occur on their front porch. I assure you it is one of the last things you want and after it happens it is the last thing you ask for going forward. So instead of banging on this guy anymore does anyone else have other experience with being intimitated by auction houses???

Banned

Re: All members, listen up...(MUST read)...

I just don't understand why this discussion keeps going on and on as it can be summed up with a brief synopsis:

A member of the forum used poor taste in describing an executive of an auction house and that executive sent them a letter from their attorney asking them to stop slander. Then that person's neighbor knocked on their door and the member and his wife were rattled over the fact that a neighbor stopped by concerned it was more to do with the letter and finally the member has been attempting to personally contact the executive to clear the air.

Where does this discussion have to go from here?