Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: I would like to see a game used convention

Hawaii would be nice I vote Eric to pay for all of us lol lol

But on a serious note why not do it in New York I happen to know a great Hall], doesn't cost much and they rent it out all the time to Collector clubs that meet once a month to show off there items and stuff. (With a bar on premises)

Just so happens my father is President of the largest Custom Knife club in the East Coast. And he gets people from all over driving in from far places once a month.

Its not a bad idea?????

Atlanta wouldn't be a bad place to have it

Quote Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
    I can see the headlines already. "Convention center riot occurs after goers question authenticity of items."
    Good one! I can see that happening. More time spent questioning the authenticity of each others items at the convention.

On a serious note, this would be great and I would definately go...no matter where it's held.

Banned

from what I take and I could be wrong but I blieve a good amount of us are from the Northern East Coast so I think somewhere in the North East would be best.

I know I quite a few people I speak with here are from NY NJ PA and OH

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    from what I take and I could be wrong but I blieve a good amount of us are from the Northern East Coast so I think somewhere in the North East would be best.

I know I quite a few people I speak with here are from NY NJ PA and OH

what about the weather??? come on down here to Florida and you can see some "game used" bikini's while you're at it .

Hawaii sounds great but too expensive, unless Eric does agree to pick up the tab......

Why not try to met up at the Meigray Expo on July 14???? I am already attending. Meigray HQ is about 40 minutes from the city, Mets are in town and hotel is $89, can't lose!!!!

I know it is mainly hockey, but Meigray also has baseball and basketball jerseys. plus they usually announce special deals for people who attend and you get tours of the "mecca" of game worn jerseys.

Lots of the collectors that attend cross over and collect more then just hockey

here is a post that Barry made with all the info.

Hi everybody,

We just booked the Ballroom, so we wanted to give everybody as much notice as possible ...

Last year we hosted the Hockey Hall of Fame curators Phil Pritchard and Izak Westgate, former Philadelphia Flyer Dave Schultz, and 156 collectors. It was easily the most well-attended show in Game-Worn Hockey Expo history.

And this summer we hope to beat that with an even better Expo.

What: Fourth Annual MeiGray Game-Worn Jersey Expo

When: Saturday, July 14, 2007 (9 a.m.-4 p.m.)

Where: Bridgewater, New Jersey Marriott. 700 Commons Way, Bridgewater, NJ 08807 … Five minutes from MeiGray’s offices in Branchburg, NJ … 35 minutes from Newark Airport ... Special Expo room rate of $89 available through Friday, June 22. Ask for Game-Worn Jersey Expo. Marriott’s toll-free number is 888-542-0300. Hotel’s direct number is 908-927-9300.

Featured Guest: To Be Announced.

Other Highlights:
    · MGG to host a Friday night hotel hospitality room.
    · Dealer tables, $200
    · Collector tables, to be offered once available space is determined.
    · Daily Tour of MeiGray’s 5,200-square foot facility after the Expo ends.
    · MeiGray and MeiGray Vintage Exhibits

$15 Registration Fee
    · Expo admission.
    · MeiGray Tour, First opportunity to take advantage of 2007 Summer Sale.
    · Register in advance, attend the show, and get $50 off coupon on any future in-stock jersey purchase after Expo when you pick up your registration packet at the show.

Regards,

Barry

Banned

Pk appreciate the info but unfortunately I myself have no interest in Hockey and even so that it may branch out into other sports. It is still focused on Hockey.

Other members here maybe able to enjoy it but personally I would think it would be best if we had a Baseball or just general sports Game Used Collectors meeting.

And it really should be one of our own formed by members from Game Used Forum / Universe.

Warren Humphries house in L.A.!

Quote Originally Posted by PK View Post
    Why not try to met up at the Meigray Expo on July 14???? I am already attending. Meigray HQ is about 40 minutes from the city, Mets are in town and hotel is $89, can't lose!!!!

I know it is mainly hockey, but Meigray also has baseball and basketball jerseys. plus they usually announce special deals for people who attend and you get tours of the "mecca" of game worn jerseys.

Lots of the collectors that attend cross over and collect more then just hockey

here is a post that Barry made with all the info.

Hi everybody,

We just booked the Ballroom, so we wanted to give everybody as much notice as possible ...

Last year we hosted the Hockey Hall of Fame curators Phil Pritchard and Izak Westgate, former Philadelphia Flyer Dave Schultz, and 156 collectors. It was easily the most well-attended show in Game-Worn Hockey Expo history.

And this summer we hope to beat that with an even better Expo.

What: Fourth Annual MeiGray Game-Worn Jersey Expo

When: Saturday, July 14, 2007 (9 a.m.-4 p.m.)

Where: Bridgewater, New Jersey Marriott. 700 Commons Way, Bridgewater, NJ 08807 … Five minutes from MeiGray’s offices in Branchburg, NJ … 35 minutes from Newark Airport ... Special Expo room rate of $89 available through Friday, June 22. Ask for Game-Worn Jersey Expo. Marriott’s toll-free number is 888-542-0300. Hotel’s direct number is 908-927-9300.

Featured Guest: To Be Announced.

Other Highlights:
    · MGG to host a Friday night hotel hospitality room.
    · Dealer tables, $200
    · Collector tables, to be offered once available space is determined.
    · Daily Tour of MeiGray’s 5,200-square foot facility after the Expo ends.
    · MeiGray and MeiGray Vintage Exhibits

$15 Registration Fee
    · Expo admission.
    · MeiGray Tour, First opportunity to take advantage of 2007 Summer Sale.
    · Register in advance, attend the show, and get $50 off coupon on any future in-stock jersey purchase after Expo when you pick up your registration packet at the show.

Regards,

Barry
    I agree with suave on this.....there's not many hockey collector's on here, plus their pricing is ridiculous for both dealer tables and admission.

A good idea would be to figure out where most forum members live and to set up a meeting someplace in that city. So have a meet up in Atlanta,New York,Florida,etc.etc.

I'm with Kyle. Since I live outside Atlanta, I vote Atlanta.

Eric - what about a poll of some kind listing major cities and maybe we could see what everyone thinks.

If it is within driving distance, I'd be for meeting up with other local collector's and carpooling up and back. I think it would even be fun visiting and discussing the hobby as we drive to the convention.