Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paypal

Banned

Paypal

I know that this has been covered before but I am too lazy to look it up. Is there anyway around the 4% of your sales price that Paypal takes? I know that there is the "payment owed" option but can this be linked through an eBay auction?

Thanks,

Nick

Re: Paypal

Have the buyer send a money order. But the buyer can send paypal if they wish. Just eat the 4% or raise the price to make up the difference.
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Banned

Nevermind, I just found the old link, looks like there is no way around it.

What is the rule about personal check thru PayPal? I thought that was cheaper.

A forum member sent me a check through Paypal awhile back. It took a few days but if I remember correctly there were no transaction fees taken out on my end. I'll try and double check this to confirm. Using this method of payment though would all depend on the buyer having the amount in their checking account at the time to cover the payment.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    What is the rule about personal check thru PayPal? I thought that was cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by camarokids View Post
    Just eat the 4% or raise the price to make up the difference.
    +1.

I just don't understand what the point is in circumventing PayPal fees. They are the price of doing business. 4 percent never seemed like that much to me, and whenever I sell, I always pay the fee for the service I am getting (i.e., instant payment).
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

I agree with Frik, we all want our money in about 3 seconds, but gripe about having the company that makes this possible taking a small percentage?? Should they provide their services for free?

Now complaints against ebay for nearly making us use paypal, that's worthwhile.

Ken
    earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    I agree with Frik, we all want our money in about 3 seconds, but gripe about having the company that makes this possible taking a small percentage?? Should they provide their services for free?

Ken

The gripe is that this used to be a free service for years and now it costs you 4%. It would be cheaper for me to accept credit cards directly at 3%. It's ok to have a service fee but 4% seems high.

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post

Ken
    I see Nnunnari's point, but I'm of the same feeling that Paypal is doing a service which costs a little above what the credit card companies charge anyway to process. Then you need to factor in getting setup to process the card transactions, etc. Too much hassle, unless you're running an actual business. To me, if you're selling a $500 item and Paypal takes $20 for processing your transaction instantly, I think that's fair.

I do think the ebay/paypal requirement is bogus though. This is where the fee from Paypal should be lower on ebay transactions if they're going to require everyone use it.

The gripe is that this used to be a free service for years and now it costs you 4%.
    I think it was initially free, as long as your payments were coming from the account balance of the buyer. Once someone paid via CC, then every subsequent charge would have a fee.

Sure, it would be great if free lasted forever. They're not quite in the auction house ballpark of a $40 take on every $100.