Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Rangers are World Series Bound!

That was a fun series to watch. The Rangers ran the bases so aggressively and really played to win.

My wife and Dallas-based daughter are adamant about getting me to the World Series despite the cost, so I'll be Texas-bound for game 3! And I'll get to visit my new grandson, born August 25 in the Dallas area. My wife and I will both go to see him around Christmas, as we did after his birth.

By the way, I spoke to Landon Powell, who caught Braden's perfect game, by coincidence here in Columbia, SC. He's a former SC Gamecock, and was visiting at the USC stadium as I was leaving from watching a scrimmage. Powell also caught Braden's win at Texas's stadium on 8-28.

Banned

They deserved it, the Yanks played like such garbage except for Game 5 they should be ashamed of themselves and I think Lee will stay in Texas after this. If they play the Giants they will win easily but the Phillies likely would take them as Halladay cancels out Lee and Oswalt and Hamels are notches above anyone else on Texas' staff and they have bats that can do serious damage.

hey legal take a look at how the rangers have hit halladay and oswalt in the past. He has been tough but the team has beaten both guys. Legal also take a look at how many hits the rangers got off of Sabathia, and hughes. If anything the NLDS has shown how vulnerable Roy Halladay and Roy Oswalt are to getting hit. The team doing the hits does not have the caliber of hitters the Rangers do. Either way Giants hold a 3-2 lead and todays game should be a good one. Funny thing on mlb tv last night the announcers said 0 about a giants-rangers matchup. They already think the phillies are going to win.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

Banned

A World Series without the Yankees is like a week's vacation in Hawaii!

Dave Miedema

All I would love to see if a Halladay, Lee match-up as much as I can't stand the Phillies. Two guys that are at the top of their game, and could of potentially been teammates for this season just really intrigues me about a potential match-up.

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post

Dave Miedema
    +1

Id rather see a lee lincecum matchup. Ive seen oswalt and halladay pitch. Never seen the freak pitch, and since Id rather get stabbed in the eye ball than go to california, it would be one of my few chances to watch him pitch. Could of seen him in st. louis this summer but the game we went to didnt match up.
    Quote Originally Posted by LastingsMilledge85 View Post
    All I would love to see if a Halladay, Lee match-up as much as I can't stand the Phillies. Two guys that are at the top of their game, and could of potentially been teammates for this season just really intrigues me about a potential match-up.
    Baseball do what it do
    -Ron Washington

And looks like Giants vs Rangers. Hoping it's a great series very happy with the matchup. I'm gonna give the edge to Texas they impressed the hell out of me during the Yankees series.
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post

Dave Miedema

I'm picking the Rangers. The way they took apart the Yankees and Rays, the 2 best teams in the majors all year, they look unstoppable!

-Chris