Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Chicago Tribune JOSports Article

Quote Originally Posted by nycpropain View Post
    I know he has pictures of this on his computer but he wont budge and send them. He says he got his money back and its over, I explained that now that he sent them back they can resurface and this would help ID them. He didnt care and was angry I even posted his story.
    And that, my friend, is why us collectors are in a NO-WIN battle w/ this hobby. Unless we make a cognizant decision to take a stand against items with questionable authenticity, they will continue to circulate, and continue to devalue the face of this hobby.

It's nice to see some stance being taken, but it is on such a small scale compared to the real issues at hand with this hobby. And, in the grand scheme, seems almost too little, too late.

I mean this - "Well, it's out of my hands. Someone else can worry about it." attitude sure isn't helping with the issues.

It's a shame he is not willing to help, but I guess it is what it is...

Quote Originally Posted by TriplexXxSports View Post
    And that, my friend, is why us collectors are in a NO-WIN battle w/ this hobby. Unless we make a cognizant decision to take a stand against items with questionable authenticity, they will continue to circulate, and continue to devalue the face of this hobby.

It's nice to see some stance being taken, but it is on such a small scale compared to the real issues at hand with this hobby. And, in the grand scheme, seems almost too little, too late.

I mean this - "Well, it's out of my hands. Someone else can worry about it." attitude sure isn't helping with the issues.

It's a shame he is not willing to help, but I guess it is what it is...
    And I agree 100%, had I known he was going to react like this I would have taken pictures myself when I first seen them.

Can you post the name of the company, the name of the player, and the game it was worn in? Perhae can see pictures online of the jersey still? No offense, but unless you were willing to have your cousin post, then this just add to the problem....Your post is full of insinuation of wrong doing behind no concrete proof...

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by CollectGU View Post
    Can you post the name of the company, the name of the player, and the game it was worn in? Perhae can see pictures online of the jersey still? No offense, but unless you were willing to have your cousin post, then this just add to the problem....Your post is full of insinuation of wrong doing behind no concrete proof...

Dave
    Well then you are left no choice but not to listen to my advice of using an American Express cause thats all my point is. He knows full well about this topic, as a matter of fact he probably has looked since I told him about it. So if you feel like taking my advice great, if not sorry to waste your time.