Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Re: Show me your Game Used NFL Helmet

Congrats Bagbig! Another beauty. Was it a recent acquisition? I recall seeing it sell once before sometime back.

Thanks!!! Yeah, I recently picked it up. It sold in a American Memorabilia years ago.

Lane, shoot me an email when you have a minute. Quick question for you. Thanks.

Picked up a 2009 game worn helmet of New England Patriots CB Leigh Bodden. Gamers from the Patriots are tough to locate. This one has a 2008 recertification sticker, Riddell July 2005 shell manufacture date and Schutt mask dated December 2008. Two top facemask clips dated 01/07. Nice use on the shell and facemask. I think I've matched to several games in 2009 versus the Jets and others…need to do some more homework…but a really nice addition to my growing NFL gamers.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alumni
    Attached Images Attached Images         

HND-9 Rawlings Ridge Helmet

I came across this HND-9 Rawlings Ridge helmet a while back and the seller said it may have been used by the Raiders at one time but he couldn't say for sure. I was wondering if anyone more knowledgeable than me could verify if any Raider actually wore a Rawlings Ridge helmet. It is a large helmet (7 5/8 - 7 3/4) and it looks like the decal residue on the side of the helmet is shaped like the Raiders decal.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Great, rare helmet! I am not familiar with a specific player wearing a Rawlings Ridge but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Most players in that era wore Riddells but I know Ken Stabler wore Wilson and soon thereafter some players wore Bike. The Ridges were in production from 1977 thru 1978, you should see a date stamp on the back of the helmet outside shell. I would google Getty for Raider images during 1977 thru 1980ish. BTW, the mask is probably not appropriate as the double wire Schutt masks didn't appear until the the early 1980's but again you never know maybe somebody wanted to update their favorite helmet.

Yosef, just out of curiosity, what did the manufacturers such as Schutt find in the double wire facemask design that they felt the need to produce them? I assume it would be for added strength but I was hoping you could shed some light on this. Also, any history on how they came up with the designs for today's facemasks?

I am not sure why Schutt went to the double wire mask. I assume, as you did, it was for more strength and protection.
    As far as the modern mask designs it would be a combination of reducing the weight of the mask and increasing protection as well as improving safety (reducing concussions). Many of the new mask designs extend further onto the helmet shell, which in theory allows the mask to absorb some of the impact from the helmet shell (skull and brain) and therefore reducing concussions.

2007 Brandon Lloyd Washington Redskins Throwback with Redskins and JO COAs. Great helmet but got in hopes of future trade bait for former Spartan alumni helmet.

Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org

2007 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jamie Winborn with Training Pass

Jason Perlman
    jperlman@ohaflcio.org