Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: EBAY gripe

Re: EBAY gripe

I haven't read all the posts, so excuse me if I repeat something.

If a buyer gets three non-payment strikes, he's banned from eBay.
    If a buyer loses a non-payment dispute, the negative feedback likely would be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I haven't read all the posts, so excuse me if I repeat something.

If a buyer gets three non-payment strikes, he's banned from eBay.
    If a buyer loses a non-payment dispute, the negative feedback likely would be removed.

Sooooooo.......David.......is your point that it's ok if a squirrel buyer on ebay suffering from buyer's remorse asks for a refund even when it's clearly stated by the seller "No returns", gets pissed, then decides "Fine, WTF, there's no recourse on ME, so I'm going to SLAM the seller with B.S. nonsensical lies because........well, because I CAN!"......that that's OK for the first two go-arounds??

I mean, there HAS to be a better, more accountable even fair way to support the reputation of a seller who is decent and doing the right things on ebay......shouldn't there be?

And Jags Fan Dan..........WELCOME to you, fellow GANG member!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suicide_squeeze View Post
    Sooooooo.......David.......is your point that it's ok if a squirrel buyer on ebay suffering from buyer's remorse asks for a refund even when it's clearly stated by the seller "No returns", gets pissed, then decides "Fine, WTF, there's no recourse on ME, so I'm going to SLAM the seller with B.S. nonsensical lies because........well, because I CAN!"......that that's OK for the first two go-arounds??

I mean, there HAS to be a better, more accountable even fair way to support the reputation of a seller who is decent and doing the right things on ebay......shouldn't there be?

And Jags Fan Dan..........WELCOME to you, fellow GANG member!!!!
    If anybody on here has ever had eBay remove negative feedback, I'd love to hear about it.
    And I hope nobody took my first post on here as condoning street gangs.

I just don't think its possible to correct. B/c if you amend the negative feedback, then the buyer is being put into greater risk of negative feedback under some scenarios. I've never sold on ebay, but bought quite a bit. I have to say the number of unscrupulous sellers is as great as the buyers. They dont' ship, or say it was shipped and it never arrives or send the wrong thing and most common of course, is misrepresenting the item. Someone has to be really rude in dealing w/ me for me to leave negative feedback, but I will. So its and imperfect system, and as such, I dont' think there is a way youc an protect both parties.

I agree that some of the new eBay rules are simply nonsensical. They aren't the product of rational human thought. Some of the feedback/stars rating rules fit well in Alice and Wonderland.

One of my favorite Alice in Wonderland eBay rules is that a feedback of four is listed as positive-- someone giving a 4 is saying the seller did a good job in that area. Yet, a seller will be suspended for having a rating higher than 4! (If feedback average is under 4.2 the seller is suspension from selling).

Hearing this rule, anyone on the street would say this rule is irrational, it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jags Fan Dan View Post
    If anybody on here has ever had eBay remove negative feedback, I'd love to hear about it.
    And I hope nobody took my first post on here as condoning street gangs.
    Dan,

I'm too tired to dig through my old files, but I've succesfully had negative feedback removed from my user name.

Here's the short-story version.

I was perusing memorabilia on ebay one day, and I came accross a bad......I mean BAD Mark McGwire ball, signed (I mean FORGED) by the infamous dude who (I think) is still doing time for his many forgeries. I emailed the seller, and asked him about his vague description on getting the ball signed "in person".

He said he has Mark sign it at a private signing. LOL This was well before Mark ever considered doing signings. I want to say in 2001. Anyways, I wrote him back and asked him WHICH signing, as I was unaware of Mark ever doing ANY, as he had already come out publicly and said the only signings he would ever do would be for charity (of course the big Red backed off that promise, and went on to charge the most exhorbitantly rediculous prices for signed stuff the hobby had ever seen to that point).

So.....he writes me a short rude email back now explaining he meant to say "spring training", and if I liked the ball, to stop asking so many questions and just BID on it. LOL.

I used to love it when I got under these tools skin. I used to live for it.

So..... I email him back and tell him I just HAVE to have it....how much would he sell it to me for if, I asked, I would send him an immediate payment if he would "end the auction early"? He said $400.00 (he was asking $500.00). I said "DEAL!!!

Of course, he never ended the auction early, and never got 1 bid.....so he emails me asking where his payment was. I could tell from our correspondence that he was of Asian descent, as he spoke (typed) his English with very distinct grammer errors to that effect. He was from the bay area of California, too. A real piece of garbage seller. I eventually broke the bad news to him, telling him his ball was bad, he was a freakin' lier, and that I knew the criminal who had signed (forged) his ball, and I gave him the address of the penetentiary if he wanted to go visit the guy. I told him "Shame on you for being a piece of garbage trying to off your bad s&%t!" I told him I wouldn't give him a Top Ramen in a box for it!

Well, to shorten this up, he decided the slick thing to do was come after me in MY auctions, win everything I was selling, and slam me with negative feedback immediately after the auction ended. He made up all kinds of new names to do this. After receiving 4 negatives all within a week, I contacted ebay and told them my whole story. The people I spoke to at ebay all told me there was nothing they could do.

I told them all to drink a bottle of chlorine, as I would not accept this. I fought with them for a month.

Finally, I got my break. You see, this tool who thought he had done me in, was apparently having trouble with other ebayers too. So his big mistake was......he used two of his fake names to slam other honest ebayers, so I was able to cross reference the negative feedbacks to myself and other members for the same type of problems, proving it was the same guy.

They removed all of OUR negative feedbacks, and deregistered this geek. I was getting thank yous from people I didn't even know, because they had no idea how to get the negative feedback off their accounts from this piece of garbage.

I learned a long time ago how impossible it was to deal on a common sense level with ebay. Nothing has changed......in fact, it's worse now.

[QUOTE=David;151458] If a buyer gets three non-payment strikes, he's banned from eBay.

I'm not so sure about this anymore. Last month a bidder won one of my items (for $19.99) and didn't pay even after I filed a dispute (to which he didn't respond). Within 2.5 weeks of receiving my nonpaying bidder feedback, he received 5 more feedbacks each from different sellers stating they did not receive payment either. He has a 100% feedback rating because sellers aren't allowed to leave buyers negative feedback even in the event of nonpayment and strikes. What a stupid policy and disservice to sellers.

Anyway, he got a strike from me, and it's hard for me to believe he didn't receive at least 2 more strikes from the other 5 nonpayments, but I assume he didn't since he is still registered and active. Don't know how ebay is overlooking his shenanigans or why they're allowing it to continue. Maybe if ebay allowed buyers to receive negatives, even if just for nonpayments, they would see his would-be feedback rating of 72% as another red flag and do something about his account. Even if they decide not to do anything about it, at least it'd be a good heads up for sellers to look at his details and cancel his bids.