Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: September 2016 Pickups

What a beauty, Ben. Congrats on the pickup!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136674...in/dateposted/
    Orioles @ Red Sox lineup card from Orioles bullpen, September 13, 2016

Banned

Talking Re: September 2016 Pickups

When the Cardinals came to Chicago to play the Cubs last month, I asked pal Derrick May, former Cubs LF and current St. Louis assistant hitting coach, if he could send me a GU cap when he had a chance, and gave him a Priority Mail SASE to do so.

Well, the SASE came in the mail today, and there's some good news and bad news. First the bad news: no cap was enclosed.

Now the good news: it didn't matter, because he instead sent me his 9/11 jersey! I've gotten some good shipments from players in the mail over the years, but, for a single item, this has got to be the BEST! Thanks, D!

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    When the Cardinals came to Chicago to play the Cubs last month, I asked pal Derrick May, former Cubs LF and current St. Louis assistant hitting coach, if he could send me a GU cap when he had a chance, and gave him a Priority Mail SASE to do so.

Well, the SASE came in the mail today, and there's some good news and bad news. First the bad news: no cap was enclosed.

Now the good news: it didn't matter, because he instead sent me his 9/11 jersey! I've gotten some good shipments from players in the mail over the years, but, for a single item, this has got to be the BEST! Thanks, D!

Dave Miedema
    Awesome, Dave!

-Trout Triple with Griffey Jr retirement logo
    -Trout HOMERUN

Added another Posada to the collection. 02-03, pounded, caked on tar.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Sweet air dry posada Steve!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post

Dave Miedema
    Thanks, Hammer.

I sent Derrick a thank you note on Facebook, and he got back to me and told me it was a 4th of July gamer, not from 9/11. Either way, I'm still thrilled to have it.

Dave M.

Great pick up Dave! Sounds like you have the best return on a SASE that I've
    ever heard of!

David

Banned

Talking Re: September 2016 Pickups

Quote Originally Posted by STLCardinalscollector View Post
    Great pick up Dave! Sounds like you have the best return on a SASE that I've
    ever heard of!

David
    Thanks. It was the nicest one, but not my only one. When I was stuck in the hospital and a nursing home back in 2006 after back surgery, I got a CARE package from Tony Clark (then with the D-Backs) with several GU and signed caps, a pair of GU cleats, and about a half dozen pairs of batting gloves. I also got a package with a GU Sunday Cardinals cap and a bunch of team souvenirs from Ray King several years ago. Plus, a buddy of mine received a black alternate GU Marlins jersey from Harry Dunlop back in 2005. Players I've gotten to know over the years have been very good to me.

Dave M.