Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Re: Who has the best player collection?

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

I think each member has his own favorite player collection on GUU based on his own interest and his own style of collecting. Your key word was “best” and not largest.

For me I enjoy watching the growth of Bill’s collection (ironmanfan) and enjoy when he shares.

What is there to like?

• He collects a great player.
    • He has numerous many unique items that are HOF worthy.
    • He has a great display area inside his home.
    • He has some interesting stories behind collection.
    • He is an expert on the player he collects and is the go to guy for information regarding Cal Ripken.
    • He is a family man and a proud father (I even enjoy his son’s saxophone updates)
    • Even the player he collects knows him by name.

If I had to trade my own collection for another collection it would be Bill’s collection.
    Joel:

Thanks for the very nice post about my collection (and son)....My collection has been a great source of joy & satisfaction for me over the years...

Just to deomonstrate what a good guy Cal Ripken is, when I turned 50 over the summer, this is what he sent me:

Thanks again

Bill
    whhp72@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    Joel:

Thanks for the very nice post about my collection (and son)....My collection has been a great source of joy & satisfaction for me over the years...

Just to deomonstrate what a good guy Cal Ripken is, when I turned 50 over the summer, this is what he sent me:

Thanks again

Bill
    whhp72@yahoo.com
    Bill,

that's a great baseball. i think its cool to know the person you collect especially in your case since Mr. Ripken is a true class act. I had to check to see how old Ripken was - 51.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

I collect Ed Hearn and he refers to me as the "Biggest collector of Ed Hearn Memoriabilia" whenever he introduces me to people. He has said on occasion that I have more of his stuff when he was playing then he currently owns. Though I tell him he has the quality stuff (ie a WS game bat, WS jersey, and a WS trophy and WS ring!)

Ed only played for 3 years in the Majors in only 62 games so I 've been very fortunate to have 9 game used bats, 1 game used jersey from 1986, 1 game issued 85 spring training jersey, 1 87 game issued spring training jersey, 1 game issued KC Royals jersey. Also his 2006 86 Met reunion oversized plaque which was on the field at Shea during the reunion game and the 86 replica jersey which was given to him as a souvenir. One of my favorite items though is a ball incribed "David, Now Ya even have one of my balls!".
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I collect game issued/ready Evan Longoria bats and have managed to get one from each year he has been a professional (2007-2011). Unfortunately I may have to sell some of these as I have been unemployed for a bit. Still trying to find a job! Regardless, here they are:

Name:  Longo Coll 1.jpg
Views: 953
Size:  97.9 KB

Name:  Longo Coll 2.jpg
Views: 988
Size:  107.2 KB

Name:  Longo Coll 4.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  94.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    I collect Ed Hearn and he refers to me as the "Biggest collector of Ed Hearn Memoriabilia" whenever he introduces me to people. He has said on occasion that I have more of his stuff when he was playing then he currently owns. Though I tell him he has the quality stuff (ie a WS game bat, WS jersey, and a WS trophy and WS ring!)

Ed only played for 3 years in the Majors in only 62 games so I 've been very fortunate to have 9 game used bats, 1 game used jersey from 1986, 1 game issued 85 spring training jersey, 1 87 game issued spring training jersey, 1 game issued KC Royals jersey. Also his 2006 86 Met reunion oversized plaque which was on the field at Shea during the reunion game and the 86 replica jersey which was given to him as a souvenir. One of my favorite items though is a ball incribed "David, Now Ya even have one of my balls!".
    nice items... what does the inscription say on the royal's jersey?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Got a chance to meet Dave Moore, 15-yr. veteran with the Bucs and Bills at his office in St. Petersburg. He signed all of my game jerseys and shared several stories about his days in the NFL. Super nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbats View Post
    One of my favorite items though is a ball incribed "David, Now Ya even have one of my balls!".
    Haha. That's neat to own.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    nice items... what does the inscription say on the royal's jersey?

Joel,

Ed insribed it "David, This is one of my game used Royals jerseys. It even has the oder (sic)" Problem is I later found out the fonts of the NOB is incorrect and the number seven is missing the footing. It makes for a great conversation piece though.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Got a chance to meet Dave Moore, 15-yr. veteran with the Bucs and Bills at his office in St. Petersburg. He signed all of my game jerseys and shared several stories about his days in the NFL. Super nice guy.

Sweet. Is that Moore or you? Very nice NFL collection!

Hahaha! Dave is the tall guy in the photos.