Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Consider this bat to be photo-matched? Opinions?

Thanks guys.

To me, its the same bat as there's about 5 things that match, BUT I am reluctact to label it a 'photo match' since he has used it more and made it look different by adding more pine tar.

On the white rosin, it appears sometimes he bats with pine tar only, and other times he adds rosin on top of it. I am guessing it has something to do with sweat on his hands and the fact that he doesn't use batting gloves.

Not looking to sell it, just trying to decide if I could/should consider it a photo-match or not. Always interested in the opinions of other collectors.

Mike

Definite photo match with subsequent use.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Nice work Rob L. Solid match from your breakdown. I love how eyechart cakes up his bats. I've seen a few of his helmets as well and he looks like he dumps pine tar on them also.

That's awesome Rob, thanks very much. I saw a lot of those but never could have displayed it as neatly and well as you just did. Thanks for the effort and help.

Mike

This is a no brainer here...definate photomatch. It amazes me how you guys find such exact pics. There was a guy on here with a Youkilus helmet some time ago that amazed me. Number 9 and the guy with that Youkilus helmet...if you are not doing forensic work as a career you have a calling...

RK

What a great bat!! Based on the evidence I would say it is a total match. The pine tar ordered by the Yankees is the "Horse Health" type, which is thicker than what you can buy in stores, but still will smudge when handled. In addition, when rosin is added to pine tar, eventually it will set in after a few days and not leave the whitish color anymore. If you notice on this bat there is a hint of white color in the top of the Louisville slugger logo, evidence of the rosin placement. Again, a great bat that I am jealous is not in my collection Cheers - Joe Coco

Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    This is a no brainer here...definate photomatch. It amazes me how you guys find such exact pics. There was a guy on here with a Youkilus helmet some time ago that amazed me. Number 9 and the guy with that Youkilus helmet...if you are not doing forensic work as a career you have a calling...

RK
    Mike,

Thats a definite photo-match! Great job in finding the match.

RK, I'm the guy with the Youk W.S. helmet, it's time consuming looking for a match, but it's all worth it when you finally find it.

Thanks, Bobby

Bobby - where did you get that helmet anyway? I'm guessing Steiner?

Oops. Missed an obvious one:
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

This time with the photo:
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net