Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Re: OT: What Are Your Other Hobbies?

I am a bit of a car nut myself this is my other hobby not so much on the sports end of it but more on the customizing end.

Unfortunately I am not good at posting pics here but if anyone wants to see I am more then glad to show them.

1973 Buick Electra - custom painted 2 tone - 22 Inch Chrome rims - Engine Modifications - Dual Exhuast modification and a sick sound system.

1996 Honda Accord - Chrome Rims, Sound System, Engine Modifications, too many modifications to mention.

2006 Cadillac CTS - nothing major done yet. Just started on the sound system.

Bowling, bowling, and more bowling...

I left the game after the 2000-2001 season; got married, moved, switched jobs and baby girl came along that same year. Too much going on in the personal life to stay with it. After 5 years out of the game, I officially "came out of retirement" for the 2005-2006 season. After a "rusty" 1st season back, I have possibly had my best 2 years ever ('07-'07). I'm currently holding a 217 average, and have 5 perfect games in the past 15 months.

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    Bowling, bowling, and more bowling...

I left the game after the 2000-2001 season; got married, moved, switched jobs and baby girl came along that same year. Too much going on in the personal life to stay with it. After 5 years out of the game, I officially "came out of retirement" for the 2005-2006 season. After a "rusty" 1st season back, I have possibly had my best 2 years ever ('07-'07). I'm currently holding a 217 average, and have 5 perfect games in the past 15 months.
    LOL I must be tired... '07-'08 would have looked a whole lot better!! Gotta get some rest 'cause I have to be up early tomorrow for (you know what)...

In my spare time...

I am the lead singer in a Christian Rock band - Never Forgotten

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=321284554

I am the president of a local boxing booster organization...

http://www.sefisticuffs.com/

When a free weekend happens, we go to the lake to catch a few bass.

Right now, my focus is on teaching my 2 year old the rudiments on his drum kit. It's been a little difficult since I sprained my right (bass foot) performing the stupid stunt seen below. Guys, if you weigh 260 pounds - and are no longer athletic enough to support your own weight...DO NOT try to impress your wife/girlfriend by doing something as stupid as this.
    Somehow, I thought the tiny pebbles would cushion my fall - it was like landing on concrete.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mountain bikes and VW Things!!!
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Lot of musicians on the board!

Here's my drum kit, as featured on the Ludwig Drummer website:

http://www.ludwigdrummer.com/Other%2...rick_moore.htm

I play a smaller version of this kit with a local band a couple of times a year. I was a professional musician for most of the 80's - got off the road and settled down with the family in the 90's.

i am a avid deer hunter. i probably log about thirty days in the woods during deer season

Banned

Car nut here too (sort of second hobby)! Third hobby both the wife and I share is adventure traveling. Planning a trip to Thailand soon!

Neely, I am jealous. I have to stick to my 2000 C5 until my better half gives me permission to get another crazy car payment. She says I can get another when I retire! Too bad I am only 29! Bought this one when I was 22 years old!

Name:  DSCN4161.JPG
Views: 221
Size:  432.3 KB

As a former sponsored skateboarder who competed around the U.S., I try to collect skateboard decks and skate stickers whenever I can (whether they are original or re-issued). Sounds crazy, but some of the original decks are worth in the thousands now.

For a short while, I looked into signed contracts (and have since stopped). I only collected a few. The ones I have are (non-sports) Bing Crosby, (sports-related) Wes Parker AFTRA (film, television, radio) and Topps contracts of Steve Garvey, Walt Alston and Sid Fernandez.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by island_style View Post
    As a former sponsored skateboarder who competed around the U.S., I try to collect skateboard decks and skate stickers whenever I can (whether they are original or re-issued). Sounds crazy, but some of the original decks are worth in the thousands now.

For a short while, I looked into signed contracts (and have since stopped). I only collected a few. The ones I have are (non-sports) Bing Crosby, (sports-related) Wes Parker AFTRA (film, television, radio) and Topps contracts of Steve Garvey, Walt Alston and Sid Fernandez.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com
    Wow, that is cool. I used to skate back in the day. I have a 1991 Ed templeton new Deal deck...is it worth anything??