Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Minor League vs. Major League Game Used Items

I think that it depends on the player. A star player is desirable in either and some player specific collectors may pay more than they would for a major league item for a minor league one as those are harder to obtain and there is less of them. If a guy plays two years in minors and 15 in the majors there are many, many times more major league items. Other people like myself only collect major league items because we only buy one item of each player. I am even more restrictive in that I collect almost exclusivly items from a player's best years.

I love some good minor league stuff. Sometimes you will find a clubby who has a whole stockpile of game used stuff for cheap. Also is neat trying to photomatch it with cards and pictures from prospect profiles.

Some random thoughts:

Most of the guys I collect never make it to the majors so I am forced to buy primarily MiLB stuff. This doesn't bother me as I know if I want a jersey of common guy A then I have no other choice. Even if it has been used by other players after, it was still his.

Having said that, the guys that are in the Majors, I try for 1 MLB jersey and 1 MiLB jersey of each player. Hats as well.

As mentioned, authentication is harder with MiLB jersey's but COA's/LOA's do exist, at a guess they became more frequent from the same period as MLB Holos started (?)

If you have a player in the minors at the moment, it is definitely easier to get their jersey from a MiLB team with all their theme nights than it will be if/when they make the majors.

Mark.