Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Re: Packers experts is this Aaron Rodgers Legit

There was never a Woodson and the Rodgers sold for 8k.
    Thank you,
    Chris Nerat

I will say that 8k seems a bit nuts for a "throwback" Rodgers jersey, especially since they sell(sold) his regular green Home Packers jersey for $5k. When the Jets sold their Titans throwbacks, I remember the instant rush to scoop them up. Now they don't have much value in them it seems...so anyone who feels like they missed out on the Rodgers jersey, I would say that your money would be better spent on his green Packers gamer. I have a few of the Titans Jets items, as I got caught up in the novelty of it all. But for some reason, the stuff never captured the hearts of collectors. I think the fact that some viewed the Titans throwbacks as ugly didn't help the collecting value. And I view these Packers throwbacks as hideous compared to the Jets/ Titans, but thats just my opinion. It will be interesting to see how long these throwbacks stay on their site...I would imagine a long time. I don't know who wants to spend that much for a punters helmet???

And so thoughtful of this guy on ebay to offer these Packers helmets at only a $1900 profit as a buy it now, but that he doesn't own them yet, and they are still available on the packers website? If business could only be so simple!! Zero inventory, and huge profit margins!!!

Here is the ebay listing for a Cullen Jenkins lid, buy it now for only $4,900

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cullen-Jenkins-G...item255f869abf

But you obviously this seller hasn't purchased the helmet yet that he is selling on Ebay, because it's still available at the Packers Pro Shop

http://www.packersproshop.com/produc...e5cebbfa24c8e/

BRILLIANT!!!

I just looked at the seller's other items. It looks like he is doing it with a few others also. Selling a set of Matt Flynn uni and helmet. The art of a middle-man.... wow.

And probably another enterprising Forum member.....

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    And I view these Packers throwbacks as hideous compared to the Jets/ Titans, but thats just my opinion.
    Living right in the middle of sunny Green Bay, Wisconsin you would not believe how many men and women absolutely loved the uniforms and the colors. I took a tour of the the field, facility and locker room the day before and not going to lie I didn't mind the uniforms at all. Anything probably would be exciting to the folks up here, just about everything is the same green and gold - area grade and high schools, private college and so on.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    Living right in the middle of sunny Green Bay, Wisconsin you would not believe how many men and women absolutely loved the uniforms and the colors. I took a tour of the the field, facility and locker room the day before and not going to lie I didn't mind the uniforms at all. Anything probably would be exciting to the folks up here, just about everything is the same green and gold - area grade and high schools, private college and so on.
    I can certainly relate to that. I haven't been to Green Bay since 2008, and miss it dearly, but they do love the Green and Gold there. I loved the alternates and thought they were the best yet, also I am biased.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dpbrand View Post
    I just looked at the seller's other items. It looks like he is doing it with a few others also. Selling a set of Matt Flynn uni and helmet. The art of a middle-man.... wow.
    thats not a middle man its out and out fraud. how can one sell something they don't own or have any right to that is greater than that of the general public? a middle man is like jo, where they actually purchase and own the products they sell at a markup.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kneerat View Post
    There was never a Woodson and the Rodgers sold for 8k.
    if he was active there was a woodson, there is a news article online from the gb affliate of fox which states that 45 players' throwback jerseys and helmets were offered for sale by the proshop today. Someone probably cut a deal with a pro shop employee and bought woodson, the guy with the best career track record, out the back door so to speak. some collector or dealer is clearly working with the proshop. last time they sold jerseys the big names disappeared in a second. considering they were posted at an odd time of the day that time it was likely not a coincidence.

legaleagle92481, i agree with your statement 100%. I was being sarcastic. I see though over night several more items have sold from the packers. People are paying the inflated prices.