Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Sanchez "butt fumble" jersey bought

Re: Sanchez "butt fumble" jersey bought

I think we can all agree at the end of his Jets career that this is the most relevant and famous jersey Mark ever wore for them. It sold for exactly $820.

The first jersey he ever wore in the NFL sold for twenty thousand dollars.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

I like how they make it sound like 820.00 is a lot of money for a game used Sanchez jersey. I think its safe to say all of us have at least 1 piece or have at least considered buying a piece of memorabilia that far exceeded 820 bucks haha

Quote Originally Posted by xsentrixsupra View Post
    I like how they make it sound like 820.00 is a lot of money for a game used Sanchez jersey. I think its safe to say all of us have at least 1 piece or have at least considered buying a piece of memorabilia that far exceeded 820 bucks haha
    But most would only pay that for HOF type players not washed up QB's who will be a trivia question one day.

What stuns me is "The first jersey he ever wore in the NFL sold for twenty thousand dollars."
    Someone has a $20,000 dust rag hanging in their closet while kids with cancer are having to have fund raisers to pay for treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    But most would only pay that for HOF type players not washed up QB's who will be a trivia question one day.

What stuns me is "The first jersey he ever wore in the NFL sold for twenty thousand dollars."
    Someone has a $20,000 dust rag hanging in their closet while kids with cancer are having to have fund raisers to pay for treatment.
    Didn't someone pay some crazy amount for a piece of Sammy Sosa's bat that split that was corked? I agree with you that people will spend weird amounts for stuff, but 820 for the actual butt fumble jersey doesn't seem that bad of a price when you consider what some other quirky sports items go for.

Honestly if I was well set with money I would easily go $1,000 or so. It is a legendary conversation piece.