Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Thoughts on Wade Boggs bats on ebay from Celebz-Direct....

Bat is not what you were led to believe. That's what eBay's return policy is for. Don't fool with these fools, just send it back and get your refund. And never trust them again.

Banned

Alicea signing a blank LOA. Letter is typed at a later date when Scot returns from his trips. Do your own homework!

I was hoping you guys can help me with a bat I plan to purchase from Celebz Direct, I'm now a bit worried. It's a Mattingly gamer, I believe from the later part of his career. Pictures can be found here:

http://s1267.photobucket.com/user/Ka...?sort=3&page=1

Quote Originally Posted by Nnunnari View Post
    Alicea signing a blank LOA. Letter is typed at a later date when Scot returns from his trips. Do your own homework!
    BTW, how was Scot not indicted along with Brad Wells for the ASI issue?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-...icle-1.1159317

I still find that particular article entertaining. It details Monette telling Wells to take bats to the batting cages to make them look used.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeKam View Post
    I was hoping you guys can help me with a bat I plan to purchase from Celebz Direct, I'm now a bit worried. It's a Mattingly gamer, I believe from the later part of his career. Pictures can be found here:

Mike, I knew there were concerns with CD's shilling and whatnot before I won the bat, but after getting it, I wouldn't touch their game used bats anymore. Treat anything sold by them as autographed retail stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    Mike, I knew there were concerns with CD's shilling and whatnot before I won the bat, but after getting it, I wouldn't touch their game used bats anymore. Treat anything sold by them as autographed retail stuff.
    You think all (or most) of these bats are made to look like game used bats?

You think all (or most) of these bats are made to look like game used bats?
    Honestly, no. I don't even know if Monette really is still connected to CD. The comments he's alleged (by Wells) to have made were while the two were with ASI. That's why I gave CD the benefit of the doubt. After getting a bat that would be a stretch to say "light use" (I'd say unused, but in bat bag/rack), I give them that benefit no more.

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    Honestly, no. I don't even know if Monette really is still connected to CD. The comments he's alleged (by Wells) to have made were while the two were with ASI. That's why I gave CD the benefit of the doubt. After getting a bat that would be a stretch to say "light use" (I'd say unused, but in bat bag/rack), I give them that benefit no more.
    I've noticed bats sold by them that have very little or nearly no use, but I'm not an expert on game used bats. Would you have any opinion on the Mattingly bat in particular? It comes from the Kurt Knudsen collection. I noticed Knudsen only pitched in 1992-94 so I'm guessing he could've asked for a bat?

One question for you: what part of this thread makes you think you'd have a good transaction with these guys?

Mattingly gamers aren't that rare. They get pricey because he has a dedicated following. While this stinks if you want to add one, it also means if one is going really cheap, there is a reason why. (Think: Babe Ruth autographs!)

Ken

I've noticed bats sold by them that have very little or nearly no use, but I'm not an expert on game used bats. Would you have any opinion on the Mattingly bat in particular? It comes from the Kurt Knudsen collection. I noticed Knudsen only pitched in 1992-94 so I'm guessing he could've asked for a bat?
    The ball marks look like what I'd consider batting practice impressions. I don't know how Mattingly takes BP, but some players will wrap tape around the barrel so they can better see where the ball is contacting the bat and protect the bat from seam separation.

BTW, Mike, this is one of the reasons why I questioned your game used bats on AML. They really don't look like gamers to me. I'm not dogging on you, it's just the items you post are questionable sometimes.