Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Wrestling collections thread-

Sorry,i hit the reply button without posting photos
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks, Butch, for the info. Unfortunately, I will be at my kids' parent-teacher conferences and will be unable to attend the signing tonight. Have fun!!!

Mike

Banned

Ok, I took a few pictures around my home:

Austin, Tyson & HBK signed WrestleMania 8x10. I bought it at a card show right after the event. I don't want to know if the autographs are real or not. I like the picture!

Name:  P1000550.JPG
Views: 717
Size:  131.9 KB

A personalized 8x10 by The Rock. The only time I have ever met The Great One, it was the day before Owen Hart's tragic fall in Kansas City. We had The Rock at a public autograph session in Highland Park, IL. I got to spend the day with him, picking him up at the airport, working the public appearance with him. The crowd was huge and they chanted "Rocky, Rocky" as we walked into the retail store. Then we went to an Italian dinner and Rock got us backstage at the event in Rosemont, IL that night. It was fun. DJ is cocky and he was huge but not at his peek a few years later when he was one of the three biggest - Ever (Hulk, Austin Rock in in particular order). Anyway, he didn't want to write "Know Your Roll" so he abbreviated it:

Name:  P1000551.JPG
Views: 723
Size:  155.6 KB

From a card show in New York (Rothstein?) in the early 1990's. These two pictures can be found on my fridge for the last twenty years. The picture with Volkov is one of my best pictures ever!

Name:  P1000556.JPG
Views: 715
Size:  109.6 KB

Name:  P1000555.JPG
Views: 710
Size:  110.2 KB

Finally, Hulk Hogan "Whatcha Gonna Go" personalized 8x10. He signed this for me a few months ago at a trade show in Rosemont, IL:

Name:  P1000560.JPG
Views: 716
Size:  156.3 KB

In a closet somewhere I know I have personalized 8x10s from Mankind, DDP and Sable, but I don't display them anymore.

Mike-I wish i would have read this post earlier as i would have been more than happy to get a book signed for you.I just got back from the signing.As me and my brother got the photos we took last week into 8x10's and had him sign them tonight....I love parent/kids conferences-they were so much fun
    Quote Originally Posted by nomarmauerfan View Post
    Thanks, Butch, for the info. Unfortunately, I will be at my kids' parent-teacher conferences and will be unable to attend the signing tonight. Have fun!!!

Mike

Thanks Butch...I appreciate the thought. How was the line? Crowded? How'd you pics turn out? Thanks.

Mike

The line was'nt that bad compared to other wrestling signings we have been to there-(hulk hogan,bret hart and ufc fighter sean sherk).And as expected much more than at the book store last week.There was another singing at the moa last night.Which is unusual for them to schedule 2 signings on the same night at the same time.And he just started signing as with the book store,he took like 1 hour of questions and then signed for the kids and then everyone else so it took about 2 hours to get our book,and then me and my brother brought chairs for him to sign and then take our photos.And this time we were out of there in 1/2 hour.The photo's turned out great.I just hate that he didnt personalize it.But then i didn't ask.Usuallly they ask if you want it done.Well thanks for asking mike-
    Thanks Butch...I appreciate the thought. How was the line? Crowded? How'd you pics turn out? Thanks.

Mike

NOMARFAN-I just read that animal is doing another signing in june in minnesota.I know you were not able to attend the first 2 shows he did here...

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Animal was at New Jersey Wrestling convention last month!!! Awesome guy!!!

I posted this in the public signings forum...I will get some of the photos up soon.

Bill

My son & I started collecting ring worn wrestling items a couple of years ago. The history of professional wrestling is fascinating. A couple of good books are the biography of Gorgeous George(by John Capouya) and "Sex,Lies & Headlocks"(by Shaun Assael). A few of the things we have were worn by the Macho Man, Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Killer Kowalski, Ivan Koloff, Wade Barrett, Mark Henry and Dusty Rhodes. We are looking for ring worn items from the 50's-present. We also have some items to trade.

Worn by cm punk and Daniel bryan at an event this past december in Florida. We were lucky enough to catch them both!