Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Re: Thurma Munson Bat on Ebay

Yanks im not an expert on Turms autographs but by you saying the T and M are spot on. That is the very least indicator it is real.

Usually in most autographs the first letters of the names are the easiest to fake because they are usually the most pronounced.

Its the signature after the first letter that make up the autograph and if i collaborates with the way the first letter is.

Think of it like this, give me an hour or 2 to practice and I am sure I can fake the way you write the first first letter in your first and last name. Then the rest all i have to do is scribble and people just assume its real because the first letters are spot on.

PERFECT EXAMPLE - When I was a little kid in school (I was a little bit of a trouble maker) and I would get sent home with notices to my mother to sign. Now all the teachers knew my mothers signature because my mother had a unique signature so they would know if I tried to fake it (Or did they???) So one day I went home and practiced my mothers signature the first Letter of her first and last name over and over for a couple of hours because I know thats what the teachers were paying attention too. I got them down pat and scribbled the rest of her name.

Next thing you know im handing back signed letters from my mom passing the ultimate authentication tests my teachers and principals lol lol

ok mr yanks 1025.....i was the gentleman with the thurman munson bat and the mickey mantle bat....the photograph you have is totally ng....i have collected munson items since 1984 and im sorry to tell you its not close....as for the munson bat it was drop dead gorgeous as its the first bat i ever sold of thurman munson...i thought it was time for someone else to enjoy it and use the money for a lou gehrig game used bat...hence im really a louisville slugger guy where if you have watched i have paid 5,000 for any great louisville munson bat....all in all thurman should be in the hall of fame and his stuff as mr jim caravello has stated is rare and always appreciates......enjoy the hunt.....respectively...scott g

Hello,

Anyone looking for a Munson game used bat feel free to email us at info@gameusedbat.com for pictures. We have a 1977-79 Hillerich and Brasby S44 signature model matching Munson's factory records that has been cracked and professionally repaired.

Thanks

I only payed $50 for the wire photo, so i dont care that much. I think its still a great looking photo. Thanks for the help

Thegoodz15,
    I was not trying saying any thing bad about the Munson bat you sold. It was a great looking bat and Thurman should be in the Hall. I also hope you get a Lou gehrig game used bat(i would love one of his, hes my favorite player). I'm only 17 and my goal is just to get a Gehrig autograph and then i think im done with collecting.

Scott,

That Munson bat is a great piece. Is it possible for you to post some photos of your Munson collection. His "authentic" equipment is hard to come by. I would love to see some more of your collection. It sounds outstanding.

Here is a Munson autograph that was just certified by JSA. Pretty cool item. Its available if anyone is interested (and its within the rules to post that here)

Thanks,
    Mark
    mdube16@bellsouth.net
    Attached Images Attached Images