Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

That was REALLY SAD...Wasnt it? Super Bowl

Great for Seahawks fans
    terrible for rest of the country.
    although I wish I was in NYC and bought that Russell WIlson GU jersey that didn't meet reserve yesterday

Re: That was REALLY SAD...Wasnt it? Super Bowl

It was a bore-fest, at best.

I stopped watching at half-time.

If anything, I thought ELI was playing instead of Peyton. That was just beyond NUTS.

Felt a little bad for Peyton. That's a tough way to end such a great season. From that first snap you knew it was going to be a tough day. He's definitely the greatest regular season QB...not the greatest playoff QB.

Quote Originally Posted by KGoldin View Post
    Great for Seahawks fans
    terrible for rest of the country.
    although I wish I was in NYC and bought that Russell WIlson GU jersey that didn't meet reserve yesterday

I don't know who should feel more cheated. Peyton fans for that performance of Eli for faking game used gear.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Red face Re: That was REALLY SAD...Wasnt it? Super Bowl

I dunno sometimes you just have to enjoy a classic dominating beat down.

> He's definitely the greatest regular season QB...not the greatest playoff QB.

I think Aaron Rodgers still holds the best single season QBR in the NFL. Manning is a great QB but not sure about the best regular season.

I was certainly wondering how a loss would impact the value of his jersey. I'm sort of stunned one sold for 29k yesterday and that Wilson didnt. I agree with the above poster I would have loved to have bid on that one that didnt sell! Double your money in the spot! Anyway a loss may mean my Rodgers gets more bids now!

That game sealed it for me. I will never watch another NFL football game. Period. I'm done. It's been a long time coming, I've debated it, but I've finally had enough.

Dunzo.

I wish football was like baseball and when the score is ran up the players switched positions.

Wait I'm confused. When a team is outclassed in a win or go home scenario and gets blown out that makes football bad? Not every game can go down to the wire in an epic dual between titans. Sometimes a team just gets destroyed. It happens.

Hey all...

Let me preface this by saying no sour grapes on my part - I live in the Denver Metro area, but I'm a Baseball guy and having grown up in Dallas, the Cowboys are still my team.

That said, outside of the really poor performance all around by the Broncos, two things irked me during this game.

1) Late in the game - already up by 35 points, and the Seahawks go for it on 4th and 2? That's like 1st pitch swinging after back to back jacks in baseball - poor sportsmanship and poor taste.

2) Why did Marcus Allen present the Lombardi Trophy? Why didn't they have Seahawk Legend and NFL HOFer Steve Largent on hand?

That's all I got.

As soon as the game was over, I stripped off my USAFA Jersey to my Rockies Tee Shirt and declared it Baseball Season!

- Smitty

I'm with Smitty, footballs Over.... Hello Baseball!