Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 36 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Re: Detroit Tigers GU

Quote Originally Posted by russyurk View Post
    Terry - very nice TATC jersey, let me know if you ever want to move that.
    I'll keep that in mind. Although, the odds are slim and the price would be high.

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    Victor Martinez 2011 ALCS Game 3 Homerun Jersey
    Great V-Mart jersey!!! Obviously that jersey is easy to match the shoulder, but there was also a good shot of the pine tar on the back/side during the broadcast. I would have loved to buy that, but my budget is about 10% of what Marc was asking. Congrats man.

Quote Originally Posted by mlupo View Post
    Great V-Mart jersey!!! Obviously that jersey is easy to match the shoulder, but there was also a good shot of the pine tar on the back/side during the broadcast. I would have loved to buy that, but my budget is about 10% of what Marc was asking. Congrats man.
    Thanks for the kind words. Thankfully I was able to work out a fair deal with Marc as I have bought a bunch of Vmart stuff throughout the year. I am working on getting the back matched as well.

I am working on getting the back matched as well.
    I wouldn't call this a match on it's own, but knowing that this photo was taken from the same game that the jersey was worn, I would say that this is that back/side stain. I think it stands out a little better with inverted colors, but you can actually buy a print of this image from the Detroit News website in the ALSC game 3 gallery(it is image 43 of the gallery). Thats from this HR swing, you might be able to get a solid match off one of the large prints 16x20 is $55, 20x30 is $75. Here is the link for you just in case.
    http://gallery.pictopia.com/detnews/...on=Tigers'
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Victor Martinez 2011 ALCS Game 3 Homerun Jersey

NICE!!!!!

I remember watching the game they were talking about the pine tar on his shoulder and showed a close-up of it. I was thinking 'I wonder who will end up with it'

Quote Originally Posted by mlupo View Post
    Actually, it would probably be kinda hard to match it based off just the shoulder. He has the same stain there every night.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrybar View Post
    I'll keep that in mind. Although, the odds are slim and the price would be high.
    I love the Tigers more traditional version of the TATC. I've seen pics of a prototype TATC with a huge tiger tail wrapping around it, but like like the sleeveless much much better.

As rare as these pop up, I wonder what kinds of prices any of them would demand.

Love the V-mart too! Glad I wasn't alone watching the game and wondering who would end up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jppopma View Post
    I love the Tigers more traditional version of the TATC. I've seen pics of a prototype TATC with a huge tiger tail wrapping around it, but like like the sleeveless much much better.

As rare as these pop up, I wonder what kinds of prices any of them would demand.
    The only other one I have seen for sale recently was a Greg Jeffries one that Krukcards had on ebay. I think it went for around $350.

Although, I like mine better. Especially with the Japanese signature...and that it's mine.

Quote Originally Posted by xmartyx View Post
    Actually, it would probably be kinda hard to match it based off just the shoulder. He has the same stain there every night.
    Every stain is unique, and since his pine tar shoulder stains are so large it makes it very easy to tell them apart.

A few Verlander items fom his big season...the lineup card from his 24th win, a ball from his no hitter, a ball from his 20th win that is authenticated to 2 strikeouts & finally, maybe my favorite, the ball Erick Aybar bunted against Verlander in the 8th inning trying to break up a no hitter in late July...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net