Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anybody going to the Royals Fanfest?

I am trying to get a 1997 World Series baseball signed by Kevin Seitzer and he is signing at the fanfest. If someone could get the ball signed for me, I would be happy to compensate them. If you are going, drop me an email. Thanks!

Banned

Re: Anybody going to the Royals Fanfest?

I'll be going friday night. I have some equipment to get signed by Hosmer and Moustakas so if he isnt scheduled at the same time I might be able to do it. My email is favrenvikes09@yahoo.com

Anyone else plan on attending? I've never gone before and my buddy and I are making the road trip down to get our prospect game used stuff signed by Hos and Moose, and hopefully Wil Myers...if he decides to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by dcgreg25 View Post
    I am trying to get a 1997 World Series baseball signed by Kevin Seitzer and he is signing at the fanfest. If someone could get the ball signed for me, I would be happy to compensate them. If you are going, drop me an email. Thanks!

I'm not going to be able to help you with getting Seitzer at the FanFest. If you are unable to get your Seitzer ball signed at FanFest, let me know and I may be able to help you out in the next month or two. Seitzer lives in KC and I may be able to get ahold of him for you.

FYI, the autograph lines are ridiculously long. And they do not announce who will be at the stage/table in advance, basically they announce it as the players are walking up. Sometimes you get in line for one group of guys and they cut off the line before you get up to the table. Then you wind up sitting there waiting for the next group of guys to come to the table.

I've not seen a line that was short enough to walk up and get an auto without waiting less than 30 minutes. Generally if you are not in line before the players who will be at the table are announced, then you stand a good chance of not getting through the line. They are also very strict on the one item per player policy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    I'm not going to be able to help you with getting Seitzer at the FanFest. If you are unable to get your Seitzer ball signed at FanFest, let me know and I may be able to help you out in the next month or two. Seitzer lives in KC and I may be able to get ahold of him for you.

FYI, the autograph lines are ridiculously long. And they do not announce who will be at the stage/table in advance, basically they announce it as the players are walking up. Sometimes you get in line for one group of guys and they cut off the line before you get up to the table. Then you wind up sitting there waiting for the next group of guys to come to the table.

I've not seen a line that was short enough to walk up and get an auto without waiting less than 30 minutes. Generally if you are not in line before the players who will be at the table are announced, then you stand a good chance of not getting through the line. They are also very strict on the one item per player policy.

Ok so how does that work with 3 autograph tables? Do they rotate to each one or what? Also I know they auctioned off the fast passes, have people been selling them at the event if they dont want to use them?

To anyone that goes and is willing to help a guy out to pick up a couple of Kila Kaaihue items please shot me a email.

Sorry Greg, don't mean to hijack your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by favrenvikes09 View Post
    Ok so how does that work with 3 autograph tables? Do they rotate to each one or what? Also I know they auctioned off the fast passes, have people been selling them at the event if they dont want to use them?

This is the first year for the fast pass. So, I'm not sure if anyone will be selling them or not. They might if its a hot table, Brett, etc.

They usually have 3-4 autograph stages with a big snake line. Every hour or so they bring a random group of 3-5 players up to the stage then they take a 30 minute break at that stage then bring out another slate of random guys. There is often several stages going with players at the same time.

I personally have never gotten an autograph at FanFest in any of the previous years, because I personally don't want to wait in line for an hour to get a handful of autographs worth $2-5 each.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Do they rotate to each one or what?
    No, players typically appear on one stage for 45 minutes to 1.5 hrs, then they're done and they leave. Some players may do a morning and an afternoon, but many just do one appearance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

and hopefully Wil Myers...if he decides to show up.
    He's off the list - at least current as of today.

Surprise Surprise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Hopefully Myers isn't going 'Yadi' on the Royals Fans...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nt_eagle View Post
    Hopefully Myers isn't going 'Yadi' on the Royals Fans...
    From my experience, Myers is already VERY unfriendly and thats when he was in Low A ball.

Campwest- Thanks for all the info, its helped somewhat lol. Basically I'll have to keep my eyes peeled and hope I can catch the staff leading them to their signing table to get my stuff done. Thanks.