Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Score Board History

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM33 View Post

Does anyone own a real game used 1990 Canseco jersey?

-Jason
    Jason - I once owned a 1990 Canseco jersey obtained from a team source. Although it's been a while, I am pretty sure it was a size 50. The only reason I can remember is that it was the biggest baseball jersey I had seen at that time.

Thanks MooseDog.

Do you happen to remember what set it was? Was it home or road?

Thanks!

-Jason

Quote Originally Posted by kingjammy24 View Post
    dan and jason,

as you both know, those scoreboard 1990 home cansecos with the "2 90" tag are everywhere. there are literally dozens of them out there. most are usually autographed. personally, this fact alone would make me completely avoid any 1990 home canseco with the "2 90" label.

scoreboard made impressively detailed jerseys. their 1989 bo jackson has the perfect vertically arched nob. the cansecos are tagged perfectly. these weren't the standard retail issue. they had pro tags, sewn inside the jerseys. they came from someone with the ability to order such jerseys from rawlings. as such, i believe they were authentic in almost every detail.

jason, i agree that it's unlikely that canseco wore a 50 in 1990. as both you and dan have seen, canseco wore 46's and 48's from the early to mid 90s.

dan you asked about the velcro. it wasn't scoreboard that made these jerseys. it would've have been them that put the velcro on. someone ordered them from rawlings in order to sell via scoreboard. perhaps it was the players themselves or their reps. as i said, the jerseys are pro-spec in practically every sense. therefore, it wouldn't be surprising at all to see velcro.

here is a 1989 scoreboard bo jackson:

www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=27239

notice it has the velcro closures.

lelands JUST sold a 1990 "2 90" home canseco:

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=611&lot=672

and wow wee, here's yet another one on ebay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=230068423764

the one on ebay notes that it has the velcro fasteners. to answer your question dan, i believe that because these were pro-spec jerseys ordered from rawlings, they did include the velcro closures even though they were being offered for retail sale via scoreboard.

if i was in the market for a 1990 canseco, i'd look for a road jersey.

rudy.
    Is this a score board bo jackson?
    http://www.historicauctions.com/sear...imageid/13033/

What about these two 1990 Bo Jacksons- the tagging is not the same. perhaps one is a score board?
    http://sports.ha.com/common/view_ite...No=19446#Photo

http://www.100percentauthentic.com/C...kson&Submit=Go

All three have Lampson letters
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post

All three have Lampson letters
    Well that says it all for me

Eric,

If you zoom in on the Heritage one, you actually can see a MEARS hologram on the back numeral.

Regards,
    Dave

eric,

historic - yes
    heritage - i've got my own theories on that one but i can't prove them.
    100percent - yes

it seems people pass them around in an effort to find the last few buyers who are unaware that they're scoreboard shirts. it doesn't help when there are dealers like dan ceniceros who sold 10 of them claiming they were acquired "from within the major leagues" and guaranteeing they'd "pass authentication". (i'm still waiting for dan to explain why he guaranteed that a scoreboard jersey would pass authentication if he wasn't trying to mislead people. why would anyone want to get a scoreboard jersey authenticated?!.they might if they didn't know it was a scoreboard shirt and thought it was a real game-issue.).

anyway, add 1990 nolan ryans to the pile. (although, a rawlings ryan would attract suspicion anyway):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270108482609

at least that seller is ethical enough not to concoct some garbage story about "major league sources" and admits she bought it from scoreboard and even includes the original scoreboard LOA. interestingly enough, if you read the scoreboard LOA all they certified was the autograph. they didn't make any claims whatsoever about the jersey being game-issued or even authentic.

rudy.

Banned

why was my post removed?

[quote=kingjammy24;38152](i'm still waiting for dan to explain why he guaranteed that a scoreboard jersey would pass authentication if he wasn't trying to mislead people. why would anyone want to get a scoreboard jersey authenticated?!.they might if they didn't know it was a scoreboard shirt and thought it was a real game-issue.). [quote]

Well, we have proven they DO pass authentication. Lampson apparently doesn't know what a Score Board jersey is- he keep writing game used letters for them with "moderate to light wear"

Eric

Banned

Still would like to know why my post was removed?

Which post was removed?