Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Purchase Foul or HR Ball in the stands

The real question for anyone is why Buy a ball from another fan ? For profit ? With the Wright HR ball i bought in 2007 for $60 i bought for myself. Walking out of a game with a HR ball is the top prize. I was at that game, David Wright hit a HR and i have the ball. That is good enough for me. Resale was not on my mind. It's sad when simple joys like a HR ball need 8 layers of paperwork for people to accept it. For me i say if you want a HR ball just go to a game and try to buy it from a fan. You were there, you saw the ball land, you know it's real. If resale is your game best of luck !!

Please note i am not bashing anyone on this post about resale or proof of HR balls.

Banned

Jobahtenut...as mentioned, it wasn't a cash deal with the mom...I noticed that she had 4 kids with her and figured giving each one a ball would trump having one ball for 4 kids. She was suspicious, but gave in when her kids began perstering her to trade.

As far as cash, my best offer was $50 for, of all things, a Scott Servais home run on Waveland Avenue that I was going to try to get for a friend who collected him. The owner, a male bus driver, declined.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    A semi-homeless guy ran it down on Waveland Avenue...
    And this semi-homeless guy has a wife who is "almost" pregnant.

Sorry sox83cubs84-I missed understood what you wrote there.Funny thing is,why was the mom suspicious,like those kids even cared if the ball was game used or not,and i'm sure all of the balls were thrown under thier beds or played with when they got home with them.And i can't beleive that guy passed on $50 for the ball,my question always is,why?what are you going to do with it.Like i've said,unless i wanted to keep it for myself,(cause a player from my beloved yankees hit it) if anyone came up to me after i caught a ball and offered me anything especially like that $50,i would sell it.I really think that sometimes the people that refuse are doing it just cause you want it,or cause they think its worth something,simply cause you offered money for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    Jobahtenut...as mentioned, it wasn't a cash deal with the mom...I noticed that she had 4 kids with her and figured giving each one a ball would trump having one ball for 4 kids. She was suspicious, but gave in when her kids began perstering her to trade.

As far as cash, my best offer was $50 for, of all things, a Scott Servais home run on Waveland Avenue that I was going to try to get for a friend who collected him. The owner, a male bus driver, declined.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

I paid $80 cash for a Ryan Zimmerman HR ball last summer in Baltimore. Later had Ryan sign it and date it as a HR ball. One Andrew Lang is now the proud owner last I heard!

Quote Originally Posted by nationals2k9 View Post
    One Andrew Lang is now the proud owner last I heard!
    Shocker!

I was at the Troc last September for Evan Longoria's first career 3 HR game. I found a kid that caught the 2nd one. Offered him 700$ for the ball on the spot and he said no. Went to 800 and he said no. The kids he was with were raggin him for not selling it. ALways go to the ballpark with a Grand in your pocket. Like Ted DiBiase used to say EVERYBODYS GOT A PRICE

And where do you think that ball is right now.I can almost guarentee it's laying under his bed,or he thought it's worth alot saying you offered so much for it,so he think if i hang onto it it will be worth more.But what the kid does'nt understand,it's only at it's higest value at the ball park,once you leave the value goes down like a ...never mind,i was going to be naughty.By the way,panthrotc-love the reference to the $$$$$$$$$$ man
    Quote Originally Posted by panthrotc View Post
    I was at the Troc last September for Evan Longoria's first career 3 HR game. I found a kid that caught the 2nd one. Offered him 700$ for the ball on the spot and he said no. Went to 800 and he said no. The kids he was with were raggin him for not selling it. ALways go to the ballpark with a Grand in your pocket. Like Ted DiBiase used to say EVERYBODYS GOT A PRICE