Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Reggie Jackson 1982 game used jersey

I would like to know your opinion on this jersey that was for sale on ebay. Im new to collecting and would like your help Thank You. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0140&rd=1&rd=1

www.jerseydave.com

Re: Reggie Jackson 1982 game used jersey

All the Jackson Angels jerseys I have seen have been a size 48? I have never seen a size 44 one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by www.jerseydave.com View Post
    All the Jackson Angels jerseys I have seen have been a size 48? I have never seen a size 44 one.
    The only thing I know is that Reggie wore 44 with NY and Ive seen a 1986 size 46

The 1985 road jersey in my collection is a size 48.
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Banned

This Orioles jersey shows that he did wear a size 44 http://www.greyflannelauctions.com/s...=495&Premier=Y

www.jerseydave.com

Your right, and he wore a size 42 with the A's. The Orioles is a 1976 and the Angels is a 1982.. a lot of time for growth there. I have seen at least 9 Angels jerseys..all size 48.

Can we say Jackson wore a size 44.. absolutely.. has anyone seen a size 44 Angels? I have not.. I just went through a bunch of auction catalogs with Jackson jerseys in it.. all were size 48.

Between this and the fact that the seller of that jersey would not even say it is game used but just "hinted" at the possibility alone would be a indicator to me that the jersey is not a game worn.

Did you buy it?

Going for a diamond in the ruff?

I can only state what I have seen and Eric has one (size 48) as well. I'm sorry I have never seen a Angels jersey that small for Jackson... Just stating to what I have seen in this hobby in 10 + years...

David.

Banned

Thank You very much David. Yes I did buy the jersey and I Thank You for your help

Banned

Forget about the small size 44 and focus on the NOB.

The J and N are completely wrong. They are oversized compared to the other letters on the back and also wrong for a Wilson home jersey. All the letters should be the same cut/size/style.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

ALWAYS BUYING PHILLIES, PORTLAND BEAVERS AND PORTLAND MAVERICKS JERSEYS

I'm not sure when the practice began, but I own a 1988 Road Finley and it's stamped "Purchased from the California Angels" inside the jersey.

Banned

Dick Dobbins sold a huge quantity of Angels jerseys and stamped them as such. The majority were Rawlings, and he had to have the NOB restored. I have the Von Hayes and Rick Schu, and the restoration of the NOB is PERFECT! I believe fellow Forum reader Lon Lewis did the restoration work.

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net