Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Help with NFL game used footballs (BCA to be exact)?

Can a game used ball from a specific NFL game read both the home or away teams name on it? or would it only say the home teams name on all the balls used in the game only?

Re: Help with NFL game used footballs (BCA to be exact)?

both teams bring footballs with them. If im not mistaken, whenever the team is on offense they will use their own specific team printed ball.

To the best of my knowledge, you have 3 options for ACS balls. Individual Teams name or a K ball with no teams name. (I have never seen both names on a ball). Occasionally you will see neither on the ball which I have only seen as practice balls for the Super Bowl but not ACS.

Banned

I've seen game used footballs with different head referee markings on different tip ends. As explained to me, some NFL QB's are so particular about their footballs, they would use the same football for muliple games - or until they don't like the feel of the football.

Since 2006 pre-season and regular season games, all NFL teams use their own footballs with their team name laser-printed on the football. The head referee brings the "K" footballs to the stadium.

Jim

flaa1a@comcast.net

If you're curious about the referee marks, I think I've matched most of them to the particular referee name. Yes, sometimes you can trace a ball through 2 or 3 games this way.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by masp3392 View Post
    both teams bring footballs with them. If im not mistaken, whenever the team is on offense they will use their own specific team printed ball.
    Your correct. I used to have a Cowboys one that said Cowboys on it from a game played in Arizona.

Thanks guys for the info!